My Album Now on iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon & 7digital | The Popjustice Forum

My Album Now on iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon & 7digital

Discussion in 'The Internet' started by spillett, May 21, 2018.

1. Congratulations on your release!

spillett likes this.
  2. Well done! You must be very proud.
    I’ve only listened to the first track so far, but I like it!

spillett likes this.
  3. Thanks!

4. This should be moved to Potential Next Big Things maybe? The album is great! Congrats

LP, Mirwais Ahmadzaï and spillett like this.
  5. Well done. I like Starlight a lot.

spillett likes this.
  6. Woo Hoo!

spillett likes this.
  7. Thanks peeps!

8. Does anyone here have a music blog or something similar, where they might be kind enough to mention this release? Maybe do a little written interview with me for it?

9. Pming @Popjustice about that!

Anyway, it is great that you finally got to release your debut album! I'm still writing songs for my debut album as of the moment.

Island likes this.
  10. I’m surprised you haven’t gotten more replies. Since you took time to put yourself out there, i’ll take time to share my thoughts and feedback.

FREE IS AN EUPHORIC BOP. That said, I wish the vocals weren’t so forwardly mixed, but I can totally see it being a 10/10 with a beefier production.
    I really like the opening track String Quartet (I think it’s the most fully realized track, I love how the instruments nestle together with your voice). Starlight is a bit rough but it’s definitely a rough diamond (mixing could be a bit tighter). Really love the strings and the indigenous melodies (what are they, Baltic?) in That’s not Me. Everything you do is quite pretty and emotive. I really like Soulmate as well.

spillett and Eric Generic like this.
  11. I've been thinking about this - I'd be more than happy to do a feature but I'm not sure if my blog has the right audience or enough profile to "reach" too many people. There are no set things that can or can't appear on my site, as many different sections as possible is fine....hmm, what do you reckon?

andru and spillett like this.
  12. I really appreciate that feedback. Thank you. I've done everything myself - lyrics, melodies, instrumentals, productions, artwork etc. So I'm only as good as I can be at this stage but useful feedback like this will only help me to improve.

Thanks again for listening.

Island, Dave and Eric Generic like this.
  13. I'm up for it if you are, thank you.

andru and Eric Generic like this.
  14. Okay! Let's do it.

Dave, spillett and andru like this.
  15. Thank you!!

Eric Generic likes this.
  16. Can I post this to Potential next big things?

spillett, Robert, Island and 2 others like this.
  17. That's Not Me is a bop! I like it a lot.

I love how you got out there and did everything yourself, it is very impressive, and I like a lot of the stuff you did, the artwork is beautiful too! I will be sure to keep an eye on your future projects and definitely putting some of your songs on my queer party playlist!

spillett and Eric Generic like this.
  18. Thanks so much for that and the feedback. Really appreciate you taking time to listen.

Eric Generic likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.