Mya (Harrison) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Mya (Harrison)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by iwouldfixyou, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Fear of Flying is her best album and one my favorite albums from the early 2000's in general. So many bops!

Moodring and K.I.S.S. are also really great. The latter has some truly scream-worthy sequels to Whatever Bitch:

Island, nooniebao, Verandi and 3 others like this.
  2. This should have been a single, and since there were only three, we can just consider this the honorary fourth one.

londonrain likes this.
  3. Island

Island Staff Member

4. I am listening now, I really hope they keep getting more Pop legends on for interviews. My favourite podcast and I'm not a big podcast kinda guy.

crash9081 and ohaimanabu like this.
  5. This is so comforting.

londonrain and Crisp X like this.
  6. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I’m bopping.

[​IMG]

7. The (Harrison) in the title is killing me.
    Is there any other?

TRAVVV, JasonJay, ohaimanabu and 2 others like this.
  8. Down is still that sensual bop, and a masterclass on how to make a lush looking video on a shoestring budget.

9. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Dddd it’s because you can’t use forum search for any word with fewer than three letters, so a forum search for “Mya” alone will give you nothing. This was discussed on the previous page.

But yeah, I suppose you could argue that Ms Harrison could be confused with Myya:

or the duo MYA:

10. Random Mýa fact you didn't need to know, that I learned from owning multiple copies of the same album:

The versions of "Free" on the US and UK versions of the album are slightly different. They are the same length, but the US version fades out whereas the UK version doesn't fade and ends on a final "I'm Free." The UK version is also the "Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis" version on the single.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    londonrain, Island, JasonJay and 2 others like this.
  11. I did not know this! Both versions are now on Spotify since they did the deluxe album re-issue.

UK version
    U.S. version

As I stopped going to so many gigs this year I finally managed to splash out and treat myself to the three Mya albums I didn’t have from her official store (“K.I.S.S.” - I actually emailed them about that one as it wasn’t on their website but they found a copy for me - “Smoove Jones” and “TKO”). She really is so underrated. I love “Team You”, “Take Him Out”, “Welcome To My World”, “One Man Woman”, “Ready Part III” in particular.

Been nice to see her do her career in music special on The Vault too and see some videos I’d never seen on UK TV.

12. My 14 year old self was obsessed with this little gem.

Fear Of Flying is an amazing album. Also, How You Gonna Tell Me? The l.y.r.i.c.s.!

TRAVVV, will82, Island and 3 others like this.
  13. Island

Island Staff Member

Now or Never is my favorite on Fear of Flying.

TRAVVV and will82 like this.
  14. Fear Of Flying is such an amazing album I love nearly every track but my standouts are:

Case Of The Ex
    Free
    How You Gonna Tell Me
    Now Or Never
    Whatever Bitch

TRAVVV likes this.

Conan likes this.
  16. This just came up on my Discover Weekly. It bops!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.