Mylène Farmer et Julia : Discussion Générale | The Popjustice Forum

Mylène Farmer et Julia : Discussion Générale

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Bleu Noir, Nov 30, 2017.

1. I thought it was about time we had a general thread as hopefully the mother of all French pop will be back soon now that she has signed a new deal. 'Interstellaires' left me a little cold so let's hope for something amazing.

I'm playing 'Innamoramento' for the first time in a while and I think it may be a little under appreciated.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    XXX, soratami, WhipperSnapper and 7 others like this.
  2. She is the queen! What kind of deal has she signed? Has she changed labels? Who's producing her new album? Is there a date on the horizon?
    I think Interstellaires is my least played album of hers.

Eric Generic likes this.
  3. [​IMG]

I’ve started a Mylène love-in on the commute playing all the albums chronologically. ‘Cendres de Lune’ gets better everytime I play it, I came to MF late so I didn’t pay it much attention for a long time. It sounds earlier than it’s 1986 release date, it’s got a touch of goth about it and the singles are of course classics. I must get it on record. Anybody else a fan?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Island, biffy77, Fluorocarbon and 2 others like this.
  4. I didn't see her live until this in 2006........I'm not sure I've ever properly recovered from seeing her that night for the first time at Bercy. I've been to all the concerts since but it really is never as good as the first time.

And then of course there was the waterfall which I wasn't aware of in advance...mind blown etc.

djessie, Noir and Eric Generic like this.
  5. I find myself unable to say which direction I would like her to follow. I want her to surprise me.
    no english songs please.

6. I could not agree more!

7. This is something I really need to do myself. Not the commute, but playing the albums in order. I came onboard in 2001 with the Les Mots compilation and have been picking up the earlier albums whenever I happen to have spotted them in used/collectors stores over the years. Everything post-2002 I have managed to get more or less around the release date, or in the case of Bleu Noir and the 2001-2011 collection, in the HMV sales. I finally got Interstellaires this week and the bloody copy was smashed to bits, with no replacement offered or available, so I am still needing to find that one.

8. Eric don’t break your neck, it’s the least essential album.

Eric Generic likes this.
  9. jtm

jtm

It‘s a fucking great album though..

Eric Generic likes this.
  10. Apart from that awful cover and I don’t mean Stolen Car.

Eric Generic likes this.
  11. Is the Sting duet version on the actual album? This was one motive for getting it sooner rather than later, for my Sting project.

12. Yes ‘Stolen Car’ is on there and I’ve grown to like it but it’s the Cheap Trick cover that blocks my chakras. Jesus, it’s an abomination.

13. I kinda like the cover even if looks like a TV Movie for Syfy.

Eric Generic likes this.
  14. I really liked Interstellaires. I deleted Want You To Want Me, though.

UnionJackMix, wodny and Eric Generic like this.
  15. Me doing my Christmas caroling:

I'm trying to find that iconic Libertine performance with Mylene dancing outside on some French castle/ruins/landmark.

16. That ending floors me everytime.
    You're lucky you saw the Avant que l'ombre tour first; mine was Mylène N°5, which felt underwhelming, especially after having watched her previous tours on VHS so many times.

Bleu Noir likes this.
  17. When was the last time your fave strapped herself to the front of a train in the name of pop music?!

FoxMint, Ray, Indigo and 5 others like this.
  18. My wishes when it comes to her next album:
    1. No Laurent Boutonnat. I am not here for his dated and cheap sounding production.
    2. No covers.
    3. No songs in English.
    4. No duets.
    5. I hope that album cover will be at least as good as "Interstellaires".
    6. At least 2 beautiful and memorable videos.

WhipperSnapper and Eric Generic like this.
  19. I love Laurent Boutonnat, he's the reason why I love Mylène so much.

Nobody's talking about the fact that we got the extended version of plus grandir and the tristana soundtrack for the first time in digital yesterday?

UnionJackMix and zephyr like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.