Mysterious Skin | The Popjustice Forum

Mysterious Skin

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by filmnoirish, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Anyone seen this beautiful and brutal movie?

2. Yeah, it's wonderful. Joseph does a fantastic job. The book is excellent too! I highly suggest it.

3. I saw it for the first time about a month ago. It's an absolutely amazing film, it's depressing, but in a wonderful way.

The only thing I can critique is that I didn't like Brother Garcia in it, he really annoyed me.

4. I went to see this at the cinema when it came out. I loved it but once the credits rolled and everyone started to get out of their seats nobody could look eachother in the eye. I agree that it is really depressing but in a more digestable way which is what makes it so good.

5. I love this movie so fucking much.

The book is also good but I prefer the movie.

I love the melancholy of it all.

6. My ex (who I hate ;-) haha) made me watch this and I actually think it's a brilliant film and I still watch it every now and then.

7. This is my favourite bit -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlb47MmXCq4

Unfortunately, the movie wasn't as good as the trailer. The trailer makes it a bit mysterious why one of the boys has "missing time", making you wonder if there may be child abuse involved. The movie makes it fucking clear within 5 minutes this is what happened and signposts what is going to happen.

8. slimane

slimane Guest

It's a fantastic film. The sci-fi element mixed with the human emotional story works so well strangely. It's a really unusual film actually. Shoot me but during the rape scene I kept thinking wow JGL has a really nice ass though. Low I know. It is a great ass!

9. Hitori

Hitori Guest

I lent my Mysterious Skin DVD to my sister last night, ahe cried like a baby!

I love this film! Brady Corbet should just wear glasses in real life.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.