Namie Amuro | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Namie Amuro

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Osiris, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

WILD sounds UNSTOPPABLE as ever. I must have a HQ!

2. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

It's all over the place but brilliant!

"legs, arms, shoulders, knees, fingers, toes, hips and belly"

3. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

love it love it.

4. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

Utterly fabulous. Her career is on SUCH a high.

5. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

New Coca Cola Zero/WILD promo pic:

[​IMG]

6. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

Gosh, that's excellent. Between 60s70s80s and WILD/Dr., Namie's become quite the maven of multiple-A-side singles. Has a video leaked for "Dr." yet?

7. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

No videos yet. But the release is more than a month a way. Maybe at the end of next week.

Amuro's multiple A-side are nothing new... So Crazy/Come, Girl Talk/ The Speed Star, White Light/Violet Sauce Can't Sleep, Can't Eat, I'm Sick/Ningyo and so on. The second (or third for 60s70s80s) song is usually the best!

8. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

And she almost always leaves the best of the two off her album and best ofs!

Wild is quite good, if a bit repetative, I'm sure it'll grow on me though.

9. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

Hide & Seek wasn't a single if you're referring to that. But it deserved to be on BEST FICTION. As did Violet Sauce, Come, The Speed Star and WoWa.

10. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

I was referring to Violet Sauce and The Speed Star, with the latter not (to my knowledge) being available on any of her albums,

11. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

I liked how she rocked Violet Sauce up for the Play tracklist. Hide & Seek, after Baby Don't Cry, was the best song ON Play and totally deserved to be on Best Fiction (and to have been a proper single instead of Funky Town or CSCEIS).

12. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

can i just randomly say that Put Em Up is my favorite?

13. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

I don't know why it wasn't included on Queen of Hip-Pop... When she even performed it during the tour!

Put'em Up is one of her best songs but I'm afraid I overplayed it.

14. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

WoWa then?

15. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

I've listened to Style and Play today and both are genuinely brilliant albums, aren't they? I know Style gets some grief but I can't fathom why. Songs like 'As Good As', 'Come', 'Lovebite' and pretty much all of the rest are fabulous.

16. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

I can see why The Speed Star wasn't on Queen Of Hip-Pop, I don't think it would have fit in very well with the rest of the album, but to leave it off Best Fiction as well was just plain annoying, especially considering it would cost me a hell of a lot of money to import the single.

I was quite disappointed with the choices for Best Fiction on the whole, she has much better singles than the ones that made the cut!

On another note, how likely is it that the Best Fiction tour will come out on DVD? I know that all(?) of the rest have so I'm quite hopeful. I want it very badly, I saw the setlist the other day and it was bloody brilliant.

17. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

All the singles from Wishing The Same Star to 60s70s80s made the cut so I think you must be talking about the songs who got a music video but weren't released as singles (or the second song on the double a-side singles).

Of course BEST FICTION tour will come out on dvd! But not before this fall since her tour last till May...But yes, the tracklisting is perfect!

01. Do Me More
    02. Violet Sauce
    03. ALARM
    04. SO CRAZY
    05. NEW LOOK
    06. Hello
    07. GIRL TALK
    08. shine more
    09. Full Moon
    10. Luvotomy
    11. Put ‘Em Up
    12. It’s all about you
    13. Wishing On The Same Star
    14. ROCK STEADY
    15. FUNKY TOWN
    16. No
    17. Say the word
    18. White Light
    19. Hide & Seek
    20. Queen of Hip-Pop
    21. Sexy Girl
    22. WANT ME, WANT ME
    23. Top Secret
    24. BLACK DIAMOND
    25. WHAT A FEELING

Encore
    26. WoWa
    27. CAN’T SLEEP, CAN’T EAT, I’M SICK
    28. Baby Don’t Cry

18. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

Namie Amuro is a great entertainer.
    The dvd looks amazing, can't wait!
    I got the best style tour dvd and the GOLD artwork and jewel case look very good.

I'm bitter that Hide n seek didn't end up being on the Best Fiction compilation though.

19. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

I've got the 'Queen of Hip Pop' tour DVD. Namie is an amazing performer - even when she isn't surrounded by fancy stage effects and pyrotechnics, you are still completely entranced by her shows.

20. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

I adore PLAY and Queen of Hip-Pop. But something leaves me cold with Style. But there are a handful of tracks that I love on Style. But she's just getting better and better, really.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.