Namie Amuro

Did the “Beautiful” MV ever come out? Was it supposed to be a Double A-side with “Big Boys Cry” and then quietly canceled (becoming just a b-side)?

Wait, is this legit?

So it is technically a double A-side, right?

Yes, it is a double A-side. The single is released as Big Boys Cry/Beautiful and says as much on the single cover. I doubt there was a full video, it was probably just recorded on set of something else. Namie's had multiple singles that don't end up with videos but are still A-sides (like Come, Violet Sauce, Sit!Stay!Wait!Down! & Fight Together).

I’ve never heard of that song having a radio edit! Wow.

Just saw on discogs that its ten seconds shorter and just lacks the intro, so does it just start?

I spoke to a Japanese colleague last week and we talked about Namie. Now this might be hearsay but he said that she retired because she had “throat issues” that has affected her ability to sing.

It's so weird to remove her music. Don't they like money?
I spoke to a Japanese colleague last week and we talked about Namie. Now this might be hearsay but he said that she retired because she had “throat issues” that has affected her ability to sing.
I doubt this is true, since she apparently wanted to retire 5 years before she did and for those 5 years she sounded wonderful.

Rmx

He/Him/His
Are her albums still in print in Japan? I was looking to grab a few of them on my trip before they become rare…

They will absolutely have them. I forgot the bloody name of the store because it's been about 10 years since I've been to Japan, but there are massive stores where they'll sell used manga and CDs / DVDs and all of that, and artists like Ayumi and Namie usually have their own little shelf / shelves full of material obviously because their discography is so vast with the amount of different versions of singles / albums etc. I remember being excited every single time I'd run into one of those stores since they're like treasure troves. They must still exist. I know the times of HMV are over (or are they, in Japan?) but surely those stores still exist. They're like a cultural fixture.