Namie Amuro | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Namie Amuro

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Osiris, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

The best part of WILD is the second, extended bridge about half way through. Bloody mesmerising!

2. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

I had a realization last night: neither of these songs have a single hook that appeals to me. WILD is definitely different, and I appreciate the fact that it's so experimental, but it's sort of a mess in the way Britney's Mannequin was. Dr., sadly, is just cheesy, especially with the whole drum beat part and lines like "I miss him Dr."

I want to like the single, especially since Namie is my favorite Japanese artist, but I guess that the amazingness of 60s 70s 80s has brought up my expectations far too high, Sexy Girl and Do Me More failed to do anything for me either. what I really want is another HIDE & SEEK.

3. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

Aw, I adore Dr. Its rambling and perfect. I don't find it cheesy at all, I find it very earnest.

4. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

I adore everything about Dr. My favourite part is probably the second time the marching band bit comes on. Perfection. Wild is good, but Dr. is definitely my favourite of the two. I have very high hopes for her new album!

5. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

WILD is one of my favourite pop songs in ages. It's stunning. That coke ad could easily be released in Europe and go down an absolute storm. Seems like the CD single is thriving in Japan, which is nice to see.

6. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

I can't believe the videos are still not out and the single is out in three weeks...

Meanwile, Dr. is dong very well on downloads/ringtones and was #1 last week (#3 this week).

7. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

I love Dr! Apart from those annoying robotic voices at the start. I wish the PV would come out soon! I like Wild too, but I feel I should like it more than I should. It's OK, enjoyable but Dr is the one I'm excited about!

Kinda was going off Namie - that type of music wasn't my thing anymore. Though I did buy Play and get a little enjoyment out of that in comparison to the disappointing Queen of Hip Pop. Then WAF came along and I got addicted to it! I thought it was going to be a well cheesy song when I first heard what is was sampling.

Does anyone else really like her second singles collection, Love Enchanced? I wish she had done Best Fiction like that, then I would have bought it.

mi|kshake~

8. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

LOVE IT.

Are we getting a Dr video too?

9. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

Feedback + What A Feeling = Success!

I'm a sucker for the space theme, and she looked SO HOT, but the choreography could have been more interesting. Like the Coke commercial.

Fingers crossed that Dr. has some cheesy Back to the Future storyline.

10. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

Yes, we are! Probably next Monday!

11. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

Fantastic video. So effortless. Like Feedback with a budget. I really wish this and What A Feeling were being released over here. They are such stompers.

12. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

I don't know why they're so militant about having their artists' videos on Youtube. Do they not realise that catching vids on Youtube is a great way for people to discover Asian pop music? It's how I got into it!

13. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

I don't get that either. It's intensely irritating. I once made a mashup of WHAT A FEELING, Hamasaki Ayumi's Mirrorcle World, and Lil' Kim rapping over the instrumental to Britney Spears' Gimme More and those fucking Avex bastards took it down. It was quite good too :(

But wow on the video for WILD. I'm very impressed. It's sort of like WHAT A FEELING in space and I loved every second of it. Namie looked amazing as usual.

14. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

The video for 'Dr.' better be OOC.

TRUTH.

15. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

Better be what?

16. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

It'd better be O.O.C.

17. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

Oh. There were some rumours about it involving time travel or different Namie-s (past, present and future)...

I just noticed that the pyramid from the video is hinted in the cover art!

18. Re: Namie Amuro - WILD/Dr. (New Double A-Side Single)

This sounds like it's heading in the right direction to me!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.