Nao - And Then Life Was Beautiful | Page 19 | The Popjustice Forum

Nao - And Then Life Was Beautiful

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Push, Feb 10, 2016.

1. From what I understand, a distribution deal mainly focuses on helping the artist reach retailers, that means putting the music on streaming services and printing physicals. These may or may not include a budget for advertising the record - basically the artist does the music by themselves and gets help in putting it out there.

A record deal helps the artist make the record from scratch; it gives the artist the budget and resources to make the music, from producers, to recording expenses, and also the marketing and distribution aspect of it.

2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

FUCK I already feel like I know how impeccable this is going to be - I imagine they'll sound exquisite together. Yas!

Push likes this.
  3. Nooo way! I had no idea this was happening omg. I love NAO, she’s such a under-rated gem. This will be magical.

nooniebao likes this.

4. Amazing brilliant wonderful etc etc

5. Ooh, this is a jam! Their voices together are like honey.

6. They're in their D'Angelo Black Messiah bag and I love it.

elektroxx, sesita and colouroffensive like this.
  7. A smooth, funky bop. I like.

8. Thrilled she's back!

9. Oh, wow... their voices weaving around each other as the track unfolds on that lush, sparkly production... a dream!

10. Literally everything I could ask for a duet between these two!

xOJakeXo likes this.
  11. A fucking VIIIIIIIIIIBE! This is such a luxurious end of summer jam. Their voices sound exquisite together.

12. A great song.

It would be very at home on Saturn, so hearing this is a recent track makes me think the album will be very much a continuation sonically - bring it on is all I can say to that.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  13. Obsessed with this already - had it on repeat for the past 24 hours

14. Whatever she comes up with, you just know it’ll be incredible.

4Roses, LeBratt, sesita and 4 others like this.

15. Performances incoming!!

Push and elektroxx like this.
  16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

OOF Saturn is so good; Another Lifetime, Yellow Of The Sun, Drive And Disconnect, A Life Like This, Love Supreme - the range, exquisite!!

Push, sesita, xOJakeXo and 2 others like this.
  17. Saturn really ended up being one of my favourite albums released in the last decade. It was released about 8 months before I was turning 30 and dreading it and every song and each lyric just came down on me like a ton of bricks at the time. I don’t have the skill to put into words just how goddamn special and magical Saturn is. She made something so special that other artists spend their entire careers trying to capture.

I was so lucky to see her perform the entire album at Somerset House the following summer just a month before my 30th and it really felt like a full circle moment for me. Gah, I love her.

18. I saw this in Berlin without knowing what song she was going to do and I melted.

Push likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.