Natalia Kills - Perfectionist (Album)

l_df4cd15223f241f1bcfa3ae8aeb3a249-1.jpg

The album tracklist was revealed today by the New York Post:
Track 1 - “Wonderland”
An upbeat dark-pop track full of fairy tale lyrics like “I’m not Snow White,” “I’m Not Red Riding Hood.”

Track 2 - “Free”
A joyful sounding Jeff Bhasker produced track "reminiscent of Kate Bush.

Track 3 - “Break You Hard”
Definitely not a love song, a mid-tempo single about smashing a man to the floor like he is a vase you just wanna crash.

Track 4 - “Zombie”

About an ex boyfriend who never listened to her, even if she was the only one in the room.

Track 5 - “Love is a Suicide”

The second official single from the album, all about giving into love and knowing it can kill you if it goes wrong.

Track 6 - “Superficial”

A fun and frivolous dance track she calls her "Michael Jackson track," laced with hooks like: “all the things I like, like tattoos and motorbikes”

Track 7 - “Mirrors” (below)
The albums first single, inspired by Depeche Mode and Prince, which is all about being in control of every situation even if "I have to put my Stiletto on your neck!"

Track 8 - “Broke”
A power ballad, but Natalia says it's "not one of those Ben & Jerry ballads, it's a real ballad that makes you feel.”

Track 9 - ”Heaven”
This is bound to be the most emotional on the album, she says it was, "written after my grandfather passed away in my arms. It is all about the perfect way to go about missing someone."

Track 10 - “Not in Love”
A mid-tempo song that "teaches a girl how to convince a guy to not love her — ya'know, when you most certainly don’t love him. It's just easier that way."

Track 11 - “Nothing Last Forever”
This is another dark eltro-pop track "about exactly what you think."

Track 12 - “If I Was God”
This last one is one of Natalia's favorites, it's "about all the things I would change if I was him, plain and simple" she says.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/exclusive_look_inside_natalia_kills_cOg6MUe75dx4j5SrDuArAO

I wanted to start this topic yesterday, but was too lazy to search if there's already a topic about the album. I'm really excited for this as I'm sure she'll be huge.

If you don't know who she is, listen to a preview of her debut single Mirrors (now on iTunes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHc7BATyidc&feature=related

Another amazing promotional single with the video, Zombie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e-J7nViJU8

As someone said on youtube: She's the only one after Gaga who could actually compete with Gaga.

Well she has the same team behind her as Gaga and I could imagine them to want to establish her as the dramatic, dark cinema pop girl. There are some similarities to Gaga but she's different enough to be more than just a copy.

C

CherryFlavoredPop!

Stiletto to the neck....two songs later her grandpa died in her arms? Bizarre....inappropriate!

CherryFlavoredPop! said:
Stiletto to the neck....two songs later her grandpa died in her arms? Bizarre....inappropriate!

I have to say that song and 'If I Was God' seem a bit out of place. Will be interesting to see how they fit with the rest of the album.

I'm not very impressed with Natalia, I enjoyed the snippet of mirrors but she seems like she's trying to hard to be artistic. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and give the album a couple of listens when it's released though.

Mirrors sounds like a poor man's Silly Boy. An even bigger flop so. It's an ok song, but it completely faceless. Easily could have been an album track on The Fame.

So is she being released in the US first then? Also, was Zombie and Activate my Heart just buzz singles or failed 1st singles that didn't get support from radio?

Kev said:
So is she being released in the US first then? Also, was Zombie and Activate my Heart just buzz singles or failed 1st singles that didn't get support from radio?

Zombie and Activate My Heart were buzz singles, Mirrors is her first official one.

T

thebostonista

I've only heard Zombie but I really liked it. I'm pretty excited to hear her other songs and see how the album does!

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his
Hermit said:
She's the only one after Gaga who could actually compete with Gaga.

I was skeptical for months but listened to all 3 songs on iTunes and am now hooked. I am getting The Fame vibes from this! I remember getting so hyped about that album and then falling for it so this bodes well for Natalia!

How on earth have I missed this girl?! Just watched the Mirrors preview vid, and the Zombie promo vid and am already hooked. Like her voice, her look and love, love, love the dark vibe of her music. Colour me excited for this album!

Great name, too!

EDIT: Just searched for her on Wikipedia and cannot believe that she's Sima from "All About Me"?!

slp30l.jpg

I assumed she was American or something!

D

Deleted member 2097

OMG! So Natalia Kills was formerly known as Natalia Cappuccini and before that Verbalicious. I know who she is now!!! Remember Verbalicious 'Don't Play Nice' which went to #11....loved that song!!

popknark

Natalia Kills is Verbalicious?! Seriously? Haha, that's so funny. I loved "Don't Play Nice", glad to have her back. This entire project is very exciting.