Natalia Kills - Perfectionist (Album)

truman said:
nick2nick said:
truman said:
Don't know if this has been posted but there are other snippets up at : http://www.natalia-kills.de/

In the right collumn under MP3-Download.

All the recent replies are about the snippets.

I'm loving the new mix of Free and can't wait to hear Not In Love

Yes, but I thought they were about the Amazon.de-snippets which are different from the ones I posted.

True, thanks for pointing that out. Listening now.

he/him
truman said:
Don't know if this has been posted but there are other snippets up at : http://www.natalia-kills.de/

In the right collumn under MP3-Download.

Nothing Lasts Forever sounds even more orgasmic, I love the little rhymes between each "nothing lasts forever babe!", like "hot nights bright lights"! Superficial sounds great too!

he/him
Also, sorry for the double post, I just realised that Wonderland is longer on the album, I'm guessing it will have the extended outro that the demo has? If so I will be glad, that's the one thing I prefer about the demo!

This sounds much better than I expected, makes me think why they even chose to release Mirrors. It's okay but far from the best on the album.

Th clips of the new songs sound amazing, im glad they beefed the album up a bit seeing as i'd heard a lot of the tracks. Hope this girl gets to do some promo.

I'm embarassingly late to this thread, just seen the video on 4 Music, thought the song and video were cool so thought I'd check out other stuff by her, just listening to the snippets on the website now, seems a good album, can't believe its Verbalicious, I loved Don't Play Nice!

I just heard Mirrors and truth be told Natalia Black's Friday isn't THAT much different in terms of sound, lyrics, singing and overall quality level.

Ray said:
I just heard Mirrors and truth be told Natalia Black's Friday isn't THAT much different in terms of sound, lyrics, singing and overall quality level.

Hahaha, Natalia Black. I'm sure that wasn't intentional but it still made me laugh!

So Peter just tweeted Natalia kills is shit. First Narina 'Better than Today' Pallot is the PJ Almightly number one and now this. Seems he hasn't been the same since Born this Way was released!

hoipolloi said:
So Peter just tweeted Natalia kills is shit. First Narina 'Better than Today' Pallot is the PJ Almightly number one and now this. Seems he hasn't been the same since Born this Way was released!

If it isn't Hurts, he isn't interested.

That may be a slight exaggeration.

S

slimane

I do like a lot of her material...but she's an awkward performer and horrible live. That american accent is not going to wash over here when she starts promoting either....she got slated for it when she was verbalicious.

R

Resi12

slimane said:
I do like a lot of her material...but she's an awkward performer and horrible live. That american accent is not going to wash over here when she starts promoting either....she got slated for it when she was verbalicious.

Horrible live?

I don't know why he bothers to counteract the twitter abuse, as Maureen says, 'glide on past'...

But I find it quite interesting that he believes she's flimsy and I hope he elaborates later...Personally I like the songs I've heard quite a lot, but i'd be interested to know if she is flimsy before i purchase!

Is she flimsier than Ke$ha / Sky / Little Boots...? Suddenly how flimsy Natalia is really seems to bother me.

S

slimane

That's a good example. The one's in which she is full on dancing are horrible. She's thinner vocally than she is on record which is the opposite to gaga who seems to be more powerful live. I think we all know Little boots is a horrible popstar...Sky carries off that hipster look quite well it's very her...Kesha felt very forced at the start yes but she's settled into her persona and in my opinion she's a really good little pop writer...we'll just have to see with Natalia.

I saw her open for Robyn. She definitely improved in the charisma and performance categories, but her dancing was pretty bad. I think she's so focused on nailing the vocals (which she did maybe 85% of the time) that she can't dance very well.

TooBadSoSad said:
I saw her open for Robyn. She definitely improved in the charisma and performance categories, but her dancing was pretty bad. I think she's so focused on nailing the vocals (which she did maybe 85% of the time) that she can't dance very well.

Is this what we think he means by flimsy though?
To me that specific criticsm suggests that 'she is a flimsy excuse for a popstar' that perhpas people are right- she is forced to be a dark rihanna/gaga type, in the same way Ke$ha is flimsily designed to be just dance/uffie type party trash.