Natalia Kills - Perfectionist (Album)

wishingonastarlight said:
Robsolete said:
Her songs are great, so I couldn't really care less if she's 'flimsy'.

Same here. Don't care if she's unoriginal or a gimnick, her music is still amazing.

I couldn't get into her songs - I think it's her. I just don't find her convincing on any level and her songs suffer, because I can't force myself to like something that sounds like Lady Gaga b-sides. Her faux-arty video for Mirrors actually had me heaving with laughter. It's so over the top in a really bad way.

She's just not my cup of tee-hee-hee-ha-ha-ha!

Kirkland said:
Robsolete said:

Same here. Don't care if she's unoriginal or a gimnick, her music is still amazing.

I couldn't get into her songs - I think it's her. I just don't find her convincing on any level and her songs suffer, because I can't force myself to like something that sounds like Lady Gaga b-sides. Her faux-arty video for Mirrors actually had me heaving with laughter. It's so over the top in a really bad way.

I enjoyed Mirrors until that horrible "Love Sex Control Vanity" part. Oh lordy. I wish her well though!

'Mirrors' is suuuuch a tune! Only discovered her the day before yesterday on Smash Hits as it was VIP track of the week. Decided to look her up and I'm just obsessed!

'Zombie' is another amazing one!

I hope 'Mirrors' does take off for her, getting the VIP play shoud help get an Alexis Jordan sized hit no?

Once again for people new to her, try 'Free', 'Break You Hard' and 'Love is a Suicide', all great tracks which for me are miles ahead of 'Mirrors'.

Kirkland said:
Robsolete said:

Lady Gaga b-sides are not at all bad in some cases. Probably I only like Natalia because her songs remind me of a Gaga that I liked before and I am not seeing now in her present "incarnation". I sort of agree with you, but as Speedy Boi said,she has plenty great tracks other than Mirrors which is sadly for her, one of her weakest. With that being said,she might try to cash in to being a Gaga substitute, but I don't mind it. That was what I was looking for anyway.

I've just started listening to Natalia. I wanted some more dark pop on my iPod and discovered.. she does excellent dark pop! Really excited for the album.

She's similar to Fame-era Gaga but it's not like she's copying or unoriginal, as Gaga isn't original herself.

Consider me a Natalia fan!

LewJB said:
I've just started listening to Natalia. I wanted some more dark pop on my iPod and discovered.. she does excellent dark pop! Really excited for the album.

She's similar to Fame-era Gaga but it's not like she's copying or unoriginal, as Gaga isn't original herself.

Consider me a Natalia fan!

My thoughts exactly. As Gaga is of right now, not delivering on her Dance In The Dark promise, I'll take Natalia.

S

SpaceDog

LewJB said:

Exactly, at first I dismissed her as a Gaga tribute act but then I realised that the thought was ridiculous / I dealt with the contrivance.

I love Wonderland.

V

vasilios

Wonderland is fantastic. Wish I could go back in time and relive her Kelis opening slot. I swear a bit of me wished she was on longer, and I live for Kelis!

I have well and truly jumped on the Natalia Kills bandwagon, not that shes a clone or anything, but i preferred Gaga in 'The Fame' Dark Electro Pop era and since she has gone off on her creative 'imadosomeiconicmusic' phase, I'm all over Natalia Kills to fill the gap.

F

funk2funk

I feel sorry for Natalia, she really is never going to be big.. nice try though.

I agree with a lot of what's written on the front page. There's just something very unconvincing about the whole thing, but I'd like to add that unlike PopJustice, I don't really like her songs. That interview is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen; her accent, her boggle eyed looks, the chair swinging, the interviewer and his pop lecture...

I really hate the way she's acting as if everyone is listening to her music. Okay, you don't care if people are offended that you sing about being god, but they don't care either.

I've watched every single interview there is about Christina's Bionic, and none of them are as fake and pretentious as this interview. Why does she refer to herself singing about "Love Sex Control Vanity" as if it's a thing? Like some edgy new thing that everyone is buzzing about. She annoys me, basically.

I've never found her all that interesting, and for a pop star whose main crux is that she's "interesting" it's quite a big problem to have.