Natalia Kills - Perfectionist (Album)

Get_Unconscious said:
The Lady Gaga bit in that article irks me. Yeah Natalia Kills is obviously a role and its one that is not quite working, but Gaga is the same. If you watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVY4Whayw0s you can see she's just as transparent as Natalia and rambles on endlessly, but says absolutely nothing.

I agree, they are both as bad as each other. But Gaga has the good music to back her up.

S

slimane

Get_Unconscious said:
The Lady Gaga bit in that article irks me. Yeah Natalia Kills is obviously a role and its one that is not quite working, but Gaga is the same. If you watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVY4Whayw0s you can see she's just as transparent as Natalia and rambles on endlessly, but says absolutely nothing.

Why did you bring this up? That gaga interview was two hours long and she was obviously really tired. Of course she rambled at points.

S

slimane

I think what Mr PJ is saying is that with gaga you can see how she developed...and she's spoken a lot about how Rob Fusari and Starlight inspired her and she grew until she found her persona...and things grew from there. With Natalia it feels very tacked on very forced.

I agree with the front page. I'm still probably going to eventually buy the album - i'm not one to turn down good pop on the premise that it's flimsy, I own Sex Dreams And Denim Jeans - but I don't buy into her as a popstar at all.

Similar to my recent realisation about Little Boots.

It's weird, it's not like I've changed my opinion on her at all but it's almost like I've suddenly realised that I only ever liked her music, her artwork and videos. I feel about as close to *her* as I do the lady who works in the dry cleaners, and that's never good for a popstar, unless you manage to convey regal impersonality like Madonna - and that's after a career of over 20 years.

I'm really looking forward to the album (I can't believe that it's not out yet) but like someone already said: I'm not interested in her as a person at all. Don't know, she bores me in interviews..

Natalia is the biggest wannabe of modern pop, but her music is entertaining as hell and well-done (I still love 'Don't Play Nice' for some reason). Surely, she's too pretentious, but that's what she learned from the recent popstars. I mean, why doesn't anybody complain that Kesha is never saw with a bottle of Jack in her hands?

Slayernator said:
Yes, she tries too hard, but so what? Her artwork/videos are great and her album sounds like it's going to be fantastic. I also don't see anything bad in that interview. People are so quick to write off any newcomers on here. Everyone's a shit wannabe of someone else.

Not really. I can't speak for the rest of the forum in saying that I genuinely gave her a chance and tried to enjoy her. It's not even that she is a shit wannabe of someone else, it's that she boring and uninteresting. Her videos are cliche and predictable, her music verges from decent to terrible, and her personality is constantly changing, for the worse.

She's hardly a newcomer, I might add.

I only started listening to, and reading about, Natalia Kills today.

Her music is good enough for me to anticipate her album, and the cover is actually amazing(!!), but she doesn't totally convice me. As Peter noted on the front page, she does seem a bit laughable in her visuals and witterings in a way that the Gaga doesn't (sorry for comparisons!).

Anyway, when is this being released in the UK?

She's well spoken. I like her. Her music isn't diverse, it sounds like all the other Red One produced songs out there. I don't see why anyone would watch her in that interview and suddenly feel negative towards her though? I don't really see what she said wrong. A lot of what she said was quite reasonable, to be fair.

Lady Gaga comparisons are just fucking annoying, quite frankly.

T

The Poop Master

She's just... doing it wrong. I can't explain but.. she's just doing it wrong.

She has good songs though.

As long as she gives me pop perfections such as Love is a Suicide, Wonderland, Break You Hard or Nothing Lasts Forever, I wouldn't mind if she told that she came to save the world, that she's an alien or any other gaga thing (no pun intended).

Wow, what an over the top and unjustified reaction from popjustice about that interview. All the members that followed suit. Do you actually have an opinion of your own?