Natalia - Pretty Like Me | The Popjustice Forum

Natalia - Pretty Like Me

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by maxmartin, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Anyone else think this could be massive?

2. Nope.

3. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I loved her slot opening for Girls Aloud. Great dancer and a great set of single worthy 3 song performance. Not a label in sight though, just a management team behind her at the moment. I liked ''Random'' best. Hope we at least get a 0.99 sampler of hers in Music & Video exchange - yes the pop music scene is that healthy so that''s the best thing that could come out of the whole thing. Sob!

4. I think she looks kinda strange.
    I liked the songs she sang on tour though.
    I felt a little sorry for her though as no-one paid attention when she was on. I did like her outfit though.

5. things have moved on - natalia is now signed to upper11 records and releasing 'pretty like me' on 25 feb - check her out @ nataliaofficial.com

6. I like it! Shame it's doomed. :(

7. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Er, wasn't she always with upper11 records? Her myspace was always 'Natalia @ upper11 management' probably because there are a million other Natalia's?

I liked all 4 songs she did at the Girls Aloud concert, Cookie Jar is my fave, which they gave away free last month!

8. BachelorNo2

BachelorNo2 Guest

She had my attention when she used the same sample as Supreme Beings Of Leisure on Get Away, and annoyingly, that's the one I can't find out the name of.

9. I love it! And I truly want the best for her, reading her background and stuff. I suppose her video for her debut, Pretty Like Me's a reflection of what she went thru in school in the past. I wish her all the best and I hope she makes it big with this song.

Plus she seems like she's got the coolest fans, if the videos on her site are anything to go by.

I like her.

10. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Oh, Vignesh, I think you either only like doomed acts or you jinx them and they flop!

11. I remember really liking Cookie Jar and being quite impressed by her support slot.

12. Yeah I agree Random was her best song. Shame it wasn't on her myspace. She was the best support act GA had had (until about 30 mins later when the Rogues came on...).

I'll support her ish. She's Welsh.

13. I though you were talking about the Spanish Star Academy 1 (operación triunfo 1). That Natalia has released 5 albums in Spain.

14. Haha... I think you might be onto something... Haha... Well actually I quite like discovering new acts but it seems so difficult these days for new acts to chart high and it's such a shame, especially when we keep getting American acts.

15. Pretty Like Me is a rather uninspiring effort unfortunately. And it pains me to say that as I love British pop.

Plus there's an awful lot of money being put into her from the label, despite it only being a tiny one. Her team were all over London Calling (mini Midem) last year, and I've seen an expensive looking promo package for her too, which is a bit OTT for a single these days. I think a lot of money will be lost on this project.

16. I like the Pretty Like Me remix, i think thats better than the original. I've had my eye on her since she supported Girls Aloud - Random was the best of the songs she sang, was really fun!

17. She looks like someone and I can't quite put my finger on it...

18. The record company know exactly what they are doing. From what i hear they have done a 2month school tour, have the best team surrounding it and have an amazing follow up single to boot

19. How much do they pay you?

20. She reminds me of Mya. Maybe that's who you're thinking of.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.