Natasha Richardson brain injury | The Popjustice Forum

Natasha Richardson brain injury

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ADolla, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Anyone read about this?

I think it's ridiculously tragic, and really makes you consider how precious life is and especially how fast it can be taken away from you.

2. justabluefox

justabluefox Guest

This makes me so sad. I know there was conflicting reports but it's not looking good, that's what the news said this morning, I hope her family is okay.

She really is a fantastic actress.

3. She was superb in The Parent Trap.

4. That's what my mum said.

5. It's just so horrible. The early reports totally freaked me out, but apparently they were a bit OTT or misinformed in some way. I really hope it's not as bad as is being reported.

EG.

6. Wasn't she ok for a few hours, then the headache she had got progressively worse? Stuff like that makes me paranoid whenever I bump my head on anything.

7. I've always found her incredibly sexy.

I hope all the rumours flying around are exaggerated and there is a chance of recovery.

8. First Sonny Bono died from a skiing accident, now Natasha Richardson is injured.... yeah, I think I can confidently live my life never going skiing. All the best to her and her family...

9. She was my favorite actress as a child, only because I found her ridiculously beautiful in The Parent Trap, where she was British, and she LIVED IN LONDON and VERY FUNNY.

She made that Parent Trap movie.

Just to reiterate the point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi6AGWDa5-A

Fast forward to 1:30 to where the real fun begins if you want.

10. It's awful, and must be heartbreaking for her family. It's terrifying to think she felt fine when the accident happened, and only felt worse some time afterwards - that idea unsettles me horribly.

I do pray there is hope, there have been conflicting reports in different papers and on different websites. Hopefully she will pull through.

11. Her death has now been confirmed.

12. justabluefox

justabluefox Guest

My heart goes out to her children, husband and the rest of her family. It's very sad.

13. Gosh, how sad. RIP Natasha.

14. That's so awful.

15. She had bleeding in the space in between her brain and her skull, which is why she was fine at first. As time went on, the more blood was collecting in her head and it caused immense amounts of pressure which is what caused the damage.

Apparently the whole thing where you can be fine one minute and then not the next is called "talk and die syndrome".

16. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I went to post in this thread a little while ago - but honestly, what can you say?

It's horiffic and I feel for her family and friends.

I actually bought the Parent Trap remake a few days ago, oddly enough...

17. Exactly.
    There's nothing we can say really but that it's so sad.

18. Oh god. Her poor family, it must be the most unbelieveable shock. I really do feel for her nearest and dearest.

19. Awful news. She was beautiful was'nt she? Poor Liam Neeson must be in shock .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.