Neighbours - unmissable drama

Maybe they'll go the Brookside route. With about three weeks to go, introduce a character with absolutely no redeeming features and name them after the CEO of Channel 5, then get a bunch of the residents to kill them off before abandoning Ramsay Street to the bulldozers.

I’m not sure I’ll ever recover from that revelation about Rosie Cammeniti in the gutter! I howled.

Sheds a lot of light on a very interesting time for the show in 07-08. As fun as the gossip is, Dan represented the network so I’m sure there’s an element of bias about how inept the story team was. The network was behind the axing of the Timmins, for example, which for me, was the biggest sin of the era

Are we taking about Susan Bower’s reign of terror? When everyone was playing secondary cast to the thousand of teens she introduced and sodding Bridget Parker was made out to be the second coming?

yeah wasn’t a fan

Are we taking about Susan Bower’s reign of terror? When everyone was playing secondary cast to the thousand of teens she introduced and sodding Bridget Parker was made out to be the second coming?

yeah wasn’t a fan

Dan’s time was just before Susan. He came in just as the show was prepping up for the big revamp in 2007 that introduced the Parkers. When that flopped, Susan joined in 2008 and it all went downhill from there. Dan quit just as she joined as I recall.

Do you have his twitter? I’d love to read the tea

I agree I'd take some of his comments with a pinch of salt - he was behind the 2007 revamp which failed on just about every measure, and think was the reason the show never had a hyped up 'relaunch' again even when it was very obviously happening on screen.

The glorious story about Harold returning with a hot young wife or (EVEN MORE AMAZING) Dee Bliss is from here

I remember reading recently that the Paul’s Ex Wives storyline was originally supposed to be filmed in Las Vegas but there were visa issues and Covid put a stop to that.

Interesting - my first thought was that it would seem a bit big budget for Neighbours, but since they had to bring the Blakeney Twins from LA it would probably be the same to do the opposite (and it might have meant Elle would be able to appear in person rather than over Skype)

Island

Staff member
Interesting - my first thought was that it would seem a bit big budget for Neighbours, but since they had to bring the Blakeney Twins from LA it would probably be the same to do the opposite (and it might have meant Elle would be able to appear in person rather than over Skype)
There was that Karl and Susan go to Ireland subplot that got scrapped due to covid.

Has Dame Amanda Holden appeared yet?

Lyn Scully's hair was always a delightful thick thing of beauty.

I have some wonderful memories of her character when the actor of Joe was dismissed.

- When she had an affair with a married man, and the wife honked her car around Ramsay Street, shouting abuse at Lyn.
- A five member family moving into her house and not paying rent.
- When she smelt ‘Gas!’ under Paul’s home, camply ran around the back and kicked down his backdoor.

Going round in circles for years with no clear direction. Wonderful.

Did they really bring all Paul's exes into it and not include Isabella, the fiancée (for about two minutes) he met on a business trip to Argentina?

Unbelievably, after they went to all the trouble of finding someone who had clearly never set foot within 1000 miles of any Spanish-speaking country, the character's tenure was so brief that Paul's Wikipedia page doesn't even mention her. The disrespect.

- A five member family moving into her house and not paying rent.

Of all the weird household arrangements Neighbours have had, this is the most pointless. They could have engineered some reason to move the Hoylands into Lyn's house, and free up a house for the Timmens. So weird.

My favourite Lynn rumour was that she died falling off the top of a hot air balloon.

I can't remember the full rumour details but it was either stalking Paul or trying to get away from him on their honeymoon. Either way, She climbed out the basket onto the top of the balloon (somehow) and then fell to her doom.