Neighbours - unmissable drama

The actress who plays Amy's daughter Zara has confirmed she's not returning, so it doesn't look promising for Amy.

I'd also like the Rodwells, Kyle, Roxy and Nicolette back. Levi, too. (His new acting gig is a limited series).

I'm sure it was revealed somewhere that Amy was brought in as a love interest for Toadie and then they didn't end up going down that route, so that might have impacted on her possible return.

Of the remaining cast I assume Mel will return. I'm ambivalent about her, and I'm certain they only married them off because the show was ending and they needed an event, but they won't want another failed marriage for Toadie (or at least not for now).

I'd love Kiri and Freya to come back (but their might have to be some fudging over where they've been living in between Chloe selling 24 and now...)

I went to the tour the other day and it was just the most emotional day ever. I love this show so much and it really felt like everyone involved with this really does as well. The crowd was so energetic for one of these things and it was just so lovely. During the meet and greet though we did find out that April is filming for 5-6 weeks and then she said 'we will see how it goes'. Stefan also said that they all really want her back permanently. In other news, Jackie Woodburne is everything and more. Hearing her talk about everything from the slap, London wedding, the amnesia to recording the voiceover in the finale was worth the admission alone.

I'd love it if they brought back Amy along with Lance. Beyond the likes of Scott/Charlene, Bridget/Declan (gross, but they were super popular), Brad/Beth, Billy/Anne and probably Donna/Ringo, they are one of the show's 'iconic' teen couples in my opinion from a strong era and Jacinta brings great energy to the show when they get the writing for the character right. If they do write Amy out then I hope at least it's a happily ever after with Lance and a new baby.

Rumours are swirling amongst the online fan base thar Kym Valentine is signed up!

It was very much implied at the live show the other day that she's back - she is also one of only two people to film a little bit talking to the audience so I think that's a bit telling as well (the other is Mel - also very much implied to be returning in the show).

2013 episodes are dropping on Amazon on Thursday and this looks like a billion times better than 2012 based on the trailer.

It was very much implied at the live show the other day that she's back - she is also one of only two people to film a little bit talking to the audience so I think that's a bit telling as well (the other is Mel - also very much implied to be returning in the show).

2013 episodes are dropping on Amazon on Thursday and this looks like a billion times better than 2012 based on the trailer.

Apparently there will be a couple of Kennedy related returnees to fill up their house again. Kinda weird if Libby returns to move back in with her folks though. Elly could be the other returnee since Jodi has hinted as much, also weird when you have a partner who's a fully grown working adult with their own house but 'Neighbours' will be 'Neighbours' and the likelihood of both of these things happening is quite high!

2013 was SO much of an improvement on 2012. Finally the show was free of Susan Bower's reign of terror as Executive Producer, obsessed with waif-and-straif teens acting like anything but teens with their 'shrugaleros' setting the global fashion world alight, whilst 17 episodes were spent agonising over the consequences of a guest teens first kiss (YAWN). The new producer thankfully corrected course, went back to interesting family units, embracing the show's heritage and upping the ante in the drama/charactisation stakes in a way that felt more like 'Neighbours' than it had in almost a decade so I'm quite excited to be able to get into this drop of episodes properly.

Island

Staff member
S*rah and Karl in those trailers. Ready to watch Susan retroactively snap!

Low key want Shaun to return for a guest stint if Elly is back with baby Aster.

he was so hot

Apparently there will be a couple of Kennedy related returnees to fill up their house again. Kinda weird if Libby returns to move back in with her folks though.

If *I* was writing it, Libby would move home because she's just back from overseas, that Karl and Susan would agree to sell 28 to her and her instant-family she's brought back with her, and I might even move them out for a while before Susan has an MS flair up and they move back in.

I understand the logic of the 2013 revamp, but I actually am not sure if the antics of Mason, Amber and Josh that dominated were actually preferable to 2012. I never bought into the retconned Brad and Lauren Love Story, and almost every element of that storyline could have been more interestingly done, but maybe I'm remembering it too harshly.

Take it with a pinch of salt due to the date, but supposedly Charlotte Chimes confirmed on Instagram Live that she will not be returning and that Nicolette has been re-cast

I mean the date of this 'announcement' could be everything. I just can't see them having the character and not having Charlotte. She was brilliant in the role and was mentioned on the tour repeatedly by April and Annie. I mean Annie did say that she would love to have Byron back to and that clearly doesn't seem likely just judging by his Instagram - I don't think acting is on his agenda at the moment.