Neighbours - unmissable drama

Mvnl

Staff member
The complaint happened following Karl’s leaving party, so about a week or so before the poisoning. And Nell was with JJ for most of the day which would clear him as a suspect, but maybe Gavin wasn’t aware?
Hmm I don't remember exactly but I feel Gavin found out about the complaint when all of them (including Vagamurphies) were in the hospital?

Mvnl

Staff member
Okay but the blink-and-you'll-miss-it introduction of some temporary manager feels slightly suspicious too?

Also: naww Nelle & JJ..

Mvnl

Staff member
Oh god you’re right!

I may be way off and thusfar it would feel like a letdown cause everyone would be like 'who?', but his introduction yesterday definitely felt pretty pointless otherwise. But him there being with for no zero backstory or even 'who hired him?' .. well it's odd. Such a lowprofile introduction if he's a character, and useless if he's an extra?

This 'wait why is this nobody getting screentime but no story?' already led me to discovering a Desperate Housewives killer once, so we'll see!

Also: I want dr. Arsehole to pay for his terrible behaviour, not just rot in jail for another plot.

Last edited:
They/them, he/him
Also: I want dr. Arsehole to pay for his terrible behaviour, not just rot in jail for another plot.

We’ve taken to calling him Dr. Pervert at home. I really hope they do a toxic masculinity story justice if that’s the route their going- and not do a half assed take.

Mvnl

Staff member
So far so good I'd say.

Unrelated: has there been any kind of 'reset' or good viewing starting point through the years bar the revival?
I've been watching season 1 but it's really quite slow and uneventful thusfar, yet I prefer chronological to 'watching all of 2022, then all of 2021..' obviously. The reboot definitely was a perfect time to join in, but not quite sure if I'll ever finish if I continue watching from the very start..

Unrelated: has there been any kind of 'reset' or good viewing starting point through the years bar the revival?
I've been watching season 1 but it's really quite slow and uneventful thusfar, yet I prefer chronological to 'watching all of 2022, then all of 2021..' obviously. The reboot definitely was a perfect time to join in, but not quite sure if I'll ever finish if I continue watching from the very start..

There was a heavily trumpeted 'revamp' in 2007, but it was a failure. They did make a lovely trailer though.

2013 was an unofficial reset - the Willis and Turner families were introduced, there was a bunch of new sets, a round of musical-jobs and houses. It's hard to pin-point an episode, but this all happened early in the year so you might as well start with the season opener/birth of Nell.

I started watching from 2012, although I admit I have more-or-less stopped since new episodes started - I enjoy it, but I understand that it's a bit slower-paced than modern Neighbours

I wouldn’t recommend 2012 at all. It’s actively bad with a bunch of characters that were soon in the way out. Thankfully.

2013 is a much better starting off point but it was still a while before the show found its rhythm again after what been a shockingly bad few years by that point.

Mvnl

Staff member
Not sure if it's just because I'm no longer binging but the pacing of the poison mystery feels very poor

Mvnl

Staff member
God I love Holly & Krista.
And god, are Leo and Aaron boooring.

I'm still a bit suspicious of Liv.

Last edited:

Mvnl

Staff member
I actually found him serviceable until he got something to do.
The 'you've ruined my life!!' scene was laughable (though probably down to ridiculous writing too)

I love the mention of 2007-2012 in here. If you want to be bored shitless, watch some incredibly unlikeable characters or hate on child actors, start watching from the revamp of 2007.

I love the mention of 2007-2012 in here. If you want to be bored shitless, watch some incredibly unlikeable characters or hate on child actors, start watching from the revamp of 2007.

About 200 episodes centred around the Green Deb Ball

I actually found him serviceable until he got something to do.
The 'you've ruined my life!!' scene was laughable (though probably down to ridiculous writing too)

It's so funny how he slips into his New Zealand accent all the time. Jackie Woodburne would never.

Mvnl

Staff member
Oh I'm so oblivious to accents. Didn't even know for sure if Krista ever was passing as an american/english girl/wherever she was supposed to be from.

What happened here? She got attacked by a.. hedge??

Last edited: