Neon Jungle - General Discussion | Page 58 | The Popjustice Forum

Neon Jungle - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Voicething, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

I don't like the preview for So Alive either, so far it's all about Bad Man.

2. Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

I guess I'm in a different frame of mind then, because I absolutely love the tone of Jess' voice and what it adds to the rest of the group. It has a sexiness that the others don't have, not that I don't love what the others bring to the table because they all have their strengths.

3. Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

Fool Me Preview
    [video=youtube;wf3O75mq-SY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf3O75mq-SY[/video]

Possibly my least favorite so far.

4. Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

I like it a lot! And loved that its different from the acoustic version they did.

I’m not feeling the description that Attitude gave it however....

http://attitude.co.uk/exclusive-lis...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I’m also glad that I'm finally able to understand what they meant with their lyrics at Braveheart by the Attitude interview they did:

Finally, have to ask about the unusual lyrics in Braveheart. What’s all this stuff about feta and cheddar – does someone in the band really like cheese?
    Amira: “The reason we’ve used cheese in the song, like, twice is because on the street ‘cheese’ means money.”
    Jess: “We do really like cheese though.”
    Amira: “And we talk about lettuce because it’s fresh. The lyric is: ‘We talkin’ bout fresh / Talkin’ bout lettuce’.”

I think it’s the first time I’ve heard the word ‘lettuce’ in a pop song.
    Amira: “No one has salad in their songs except Neon Jungle. What other band has salad in their songs?”

5. Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

Surely 'lettuce' is in reference to money rather than just being 'fresh'? That interviewer has obviously never heard Glamorous either, shameful.

6. Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

Future X Girl sounds great, London Rain not so much.

7. Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

Poor WooWoos.

8. Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

Haha, I thought the same thing.

From the clips we've heard, their cover of 'Waiting Game' is the only thing that interests me. 'Bad Man' sounds alright until you get to that non-chorus. I'm guessing 'Can't Stop the Love' will be the next single if there is one. I'm basing that purely on the fact it's the fifth track, it has a feature, and there's a chanty part. Nothing on the album screams 'future hit', though, which is a shame. I thought they might have had another 'Braveheart' under their sleeves.

9. Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

I'm a little bit torn by 'So Alive', because on the one hand, as a Neon Jungle song, it doesn't really match up with their "Rave Pop" vibe, but as a Charli XCX-written track, it's just brilliant pop.

10. BOY

BOY

Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

Album seems very disappointing. I've cancelled my pre-order, I'll give it a spin on Spotify instead. "Louder" is literally all over radio, should be big for them.

11. Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

I like the sound of 'Fool Me', it does sound like they've released the best songs though.

12. Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

Asami gives me strong Mutya vibes. She just has that certain uniqueness, especially with her voice.

13. Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

I'm a bit disappointed by the previews and the one song that does interest me is on the deluxe (Future x Girl) which I can't pre-order on iTunes Aus.
    I guess I was kinda hoping for more of Braveheart and Welcome To The Jungle on the album.

14. Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

It's a shame the album tracks don't sound as good as the singles, but then I suppose it makes sense to release the best songs as singles, it's just a shame we heard them all as singles before the album was released, but I suppose new acts need to release more singles.

15. Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

The album sounds pretty bland surprisingly. I was hoping for an album full of big club records like 'Braveheart' but they may potentially have disappointed here. I'll reserve full judgement for when the albums on spotify.

16. Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

Wow, I expected to be disappointed after reading your reviews of the previews. It seems good to me. A nice debut album.

17. Island

Island Staff Member

Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

I'm not going to be listening to the previews. I'll wait until the album comes out. It can't be too horrible since we've heard half of the tracklist already.

18. Re: Neon Jungle (New RCA Girlband) - General Discussion

Totally agree, I don’t understand how people get disappointed by a 1:00 min max preview clip when we all know most songs from literally all artists and their albums takes more than one listen to connect or make you hate a song.

Now considering that this is a debut album from a GIRLBAND that came out of nowhere I mean no reality show or whatsoever it is a pretty good effort for stepping out into the music scene. This is a good band and its being a long time since we haven't seen a girlband battling out for a spot without the support from a reality show. Props to the Sats for making it and hopefully M.O and Neon Jungle can make it too.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.