Nerina Pallot | The Popjustice Forum

Nerina Pallot

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by allansp, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Just Heard Nerina Pallot With A Song Called Patience. Don't get too excited - It's Not The Same Song As Take That But I Do Think It's Much Better Than Take That.

Come On People, Lets See Which Song You Think Is Better:

Nerina:         http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-QSoM--TV0
    Take That:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFhkhRZhDas

I Think Nerina Is Better And That Song Should Be Re-Released - What do you think?

2. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I think you have way too much time on your hands!
    Take That's is better! Nerina's was featured in a shampoo ad!

I love Nerina's first album but Fires is much better.
    And I always miss her live shows by days when I am in London!

3. Steve

Steve Guest

I really can't get into most of "Dear Frustrated Superstar" (whereas I think "Fires" is very instant), but this is definitely a choice track from it, and I love the video.

4. Nerina's song is awesome. I think that the fat 1 from Take That heard it and re-wrote it. Of course, inspiration isnt a crime. Well, it is if you are the fat one from Take That who wont go away.

Anyway. Nerina Yay. Take That Non.

5. This from POPBITCH today:

"Nerina stopped being a Polydor artist when she posted a sweary diatribe against her A&R man Colin Barlow on the net. "

Does anyone know what happened/what she said?

6. Peg has appeared on the new release schedule but there is no mention of the song being her new single on either the official website OR the (seldom updated) official myspace page. I am not sure whether this is a first taster from a forthcoming new album or a side-project but it''ll be good to hear some new stuff from her. After all, FIRES seems to have been knocking about since erm... 1972...

Anyone know anything about this release?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2020
  7. jsd

jsd

If any 50% of that claim turns out to be true I will probably explode with delight.

8. Looking forward to it. :)

edit: It''s actually quite good. Not her best though.

9. What an odd change of direction! I think I like it though..

10. Alfie

Alfie Guest

It''''s pretty bland and boring.

Richard X could piss on an electric fence and record himself screaming and most people on here would love it.

11. Oh my, I love it! Never been a fan of hers before.

12. It''s alright I guess. Starts at an 8 and then moves back to a 7 and stays there for the entire song. There''s no lifts or anything.

But I have no idea who this Nerina Pallot woman is so...

13. Jesus, the production is completely half-arsed and underwhelming.

14. Its really quite shit isn''t it.

15. Steve

Steve Guest

I can''t decide if I absolutely hate and detest this, or if I think it''s genius.

16. what''''s wrong with Richard lately???? Well.... Itch & Scratch is good. But this is very bland. Don''''t like it. Funny, i used to like every single produced by Richard.

17. Richard? nerina? how bland , without any edge- completely banal vox. to the bin.

18. I love this song! Sorry to have to be the minority once again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.