Nerina Pallot

he/him
My copy of "I Still Don't Know What I'm Doing" arrived today.

It includes another snippet of "Don't Dare (Love Is Hell)" - it's much lower quality than the snippet included on the main album, but presented in a similar way with the radio static at the start and end and seems to be cut from a verse rather than the chorus. Hopefully she releases it in full some time!

My favourite of the alternate versions are "Cold Places (Solo Version)", "I Don't Know What I'm Doing (Studio Band Version)" and "Fun (Solo Version)". The solo versions are just Nerina and piano for the most part except "Australia (Solo Version)" which is her with acoustic guitar.

I generally dislike it when people compare female artists, this is meant more as a point of reference but I heard this new album and it’s the most Nerina sounding non Nerina album I’ve heard. She definitely has a few of her traits and mannerisms:

he/him
This has randomly appeared, as if it was released in 2021, but it is for a current PDSA advert.

he/him
Sounds like there's plans for a bonus CD too. Imagine that'll be a case of pulling together all the b-sides and remixes, but fingers crossed for some extra material as well - hopefully some things we haven't heard before! Looking forward to it, especially since a new album sounds like it's a long way off.

Regarding the concert, vote on Nerina's poll at the bottom of this page to show interest: https://nerinapallot.substack.com/p/some-possible-news-a-mad-thing-i I'm guessing the size of the venue will depend on what interest there is in that kind of show.

She’s announced the Fires anniversary pressings will be coming early 2024, along with a possible gig playing the whole album. I’m so excited!

She did do this before didn't she? I swear she did back to back shows in Manchester and London maybe where she did Dear Frustrated, Fires, etc in full?

Sounds like there's plans for a bonus CD too. Imagine that'll be a case of pulling together all the b-sides and remixes, but fingers crossed for some extra material as well - hopefully some things we haven't heard before! Looking forward to it, especially since a new album sounds like it's a long way off.

Regarding the concert, vote on Nerina's poll at the bottom of this page to show interest: https://nerinapallot.substack.com/p/some-possible-news-a-mad-thing-i I'm guessing the size of the venue will depend on what interest there is in that kind of show.
There were definitely a few songs that could be on a bonus CD, Love Will Tear Us Apart, Cash & Sin version of Mr King. She was playing Heidi, Grace etc live around that time, but I don't remember her playing a lot (any?) songs that didn't make the record when she was doing the rounds at The Bedford, Ginglik etc around that time.

She did do this before didn't she? I swear she did back to back shows in Manchester and London maybe where she did Dear Frustrated, Fires, etc in full?
She did - 2 nights playing every song from the first 4 albums, just after Year of the Wolf was released.

There were definitely a few songs that could be on a bonus CD, Love Will Tear Us Apart, Cash & Sin version of Mr King. She was playing Heidi, Grace etc live around that time, but I don't remember her playing a lot (any?) songs that didn't make the record when she was doing the rounds at The Bedford, Ginglik etc around that time.
There’s a few like High, Dancing Girls, Here I Am, Mona Lisa & She’ll Be Right that have been lost to time, and a very dodgy Kashmir Klub mp3 recording - but I’m not sure there were ever studio recordings of all of them.

Hoping for a HQ version of original Vena Cava (but I think it’s also been lost in the 14th floor vault, as we didn’t get the original when the Photographs compilations were released…

Curious to know what venue they're thinking of. Maybe Shepherds Bush Empire?

I love Nerina but wonder if the general public remember Fires enough to warrant this? I feel like all those who do already attend her tours.

Excellent news about the vinyl reissue though. Hope she does all the albums!

A cd with all the bonuses would be great.

I think I’d commit to flights and hotels for this but wary as not sure I’d convince a friend to do the same or that it won’t be pulled if numbers low. She’ll really have to promote the gig but in the absence of a signature hit that casuals know I’m not sure how she can do that more than she already does. I’m up for it though.

According to her newsletter, the date is secured for The Fires anniversary show - Saturday April 13, 2024. More info to come and tickets will go on-sale around the end of September.
Oh good, she’d gone a bit quiet so I thought that might mean she’d decided not to bother. I might have to go on my own but feel like I should support this.

I’m imagining that she’ll put up a preorder link for the Fires vinyl when tickets go on sale? Would coincide nicely that it’ll then ship around the time of the gig.