Nerina Pallot

I do love Nerina. 'Sophia' is one of my favourite songs and the 'Fires' album overall is mostly excellent. There are some great songs on her first album too. Her Richard X collaboration made me very, very excited indeed - in fact, I think 'Peg' is still my profile song on myspace! She did irritate me slightly, however, when I saw her live and she did an execrable medley of 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' and 'Jingle Bells'. No, really.

I'm in two minds about the Linda Perry collaboration, it will be interesting to see how it turns out but I think Nerina is the type of singer who is better writing her own stuff.
 
S

Still_FMW

I love both Nerina's albums, Fires in particular is cracker. Sad to see she's essentially selling out by working with the overrated Linda Perry who's never done one single song I've even slightly liked. Pity, I thought Fires at least went platinum in the UK
 
V

vasilios

I think Fires is one of the best albums of the last 10 years. She is so getting Pink, Christina leftovers though!
 
themutantsheep said:
I saw her live and she did an execrable medley of 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' and 'Jingle Bells'. No, really.
Jesus F. Christ. *jaw dropping under the desk*
 
S

someboy0716

vasilios said:
I think Fires is one of the best albums of the last 10 years. She is so getting Pink, Christina leftovers though!


I suppose she could do worse in terms of leftovers.
 
S

Steve

I can't see either of those acts performing "I Do Not Want What I Do Not Have" - Nerina is someone who normally writes alone, what with all of "Fires" being solely credited to her, so I'm sure she's going to be more than making her mark on her the music.
 

Charley

Staff member
Oh my, I just googled Linda Perry to try and put a face on the name, and that's what she looks like?

I always assumed her to look like JK Rowling for some reason...
 
Cathal said:
On the original version of Sophia she gives one of the most perfect beautiful vocals I have ever heard.

Agreed, though I like both versions equally. Also love the video for that song.
 
S

Still_FMW

Cathal said:
On the original version of Sophia she gives one of the most perfect beautiful vocals I have ever heard.

It's amazing, she doesn't oversing, just sings it nicely, perfect pitch and sounds absolutely flawless
 
he/him
I love, love, LOVE 'Fires'. Hugely underrated, and I thought it'd be greatly embraced after 'Everybody's Going To War' was a success. Top 20 isn't that bad! There was a moment where I couldn't turn the TV station without seeing the music video or an advert for the song/album...

Anyway, I like to sing along to Sophia, pretending that I actually sound good. Great song.
 
Just realised how amazing this young lady is. I only really remembered her from Everybody's Gone To War, which I thought was an annoying pseudo-political rant from someone who doesn't really know what they're talking about. But she's lovely really, and so it the song! Sophia is definitely a favourite though.

Loads of songs off her Fires album play in my shop all the time and I never realised it was her. Has she got anything planned this year?

I adore the covers she releases as B-sides too. I'm going to download her cover of Kylie's Confide In Me in a bit, but I'm desperate to get a copy of her version of Love Will Tear Us Apart. For some reason though the two-track version of Learning To Breathe doesn't seem to be on ANY of the MP3 stores I use. A physical copy is £2.49 off HMV, but I'd rather not have to (a) pay that much and (b) wait for delivery. Anyone know where I could get hold of a copy?
 
Fires is a masterpiece. She promised on her my space the the new album will be released this year. She uploaded some songs, but she said that they're not as good as the ones which will make the album.

I'm yet to hear Vena Cava and (Cash and sin) Mr King. They were only released on the vinyl editions of the singles, so there's a possibility I'll never hear them.

*goes to scream into a pillow
 
I didn’t realise that she had released all off this interesting stuff. I only know her through the brilliant Peg Will investigate.
 
I started a thread about her last week, we have a new album in 2009.

On the B-Side front, you'll be hard pushed, although you can buy them all from her myspace page I think! Have a look.

Sophia is the greatest love song ever written by the way, and her Love Will Tear Us Apart is literally amazing. She's my fave.
 
Kufel said:
Fires is a masterpiece. She promised on her my space the the new album will be released this year. She uploaded some songs, but she said that they're not as good as the ones which will make the album.

I'm yet to hear Vena Cava and (Cash and sin) Mr King. They were only released on the vinyl editions of the singles, so there's a possibility I'll never hear them.

*goes to scream into a pillow

(Cash & Sin) Mr King is available from Amazon for 79p!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001LMHV1M/ref=dm_ap_alb22?ie=UTF8&qid=1230855559&sr=8-7

chepedro said:
I started a thread about her last week, we have a new album in 2009.

On the B-Side front, you'll be hard pushed, although you can buy them all from her myspace page I think! Have a look.

Sophia is the greatest love song ever written by the way, and her Love Will Tear Us Apart is literally amazing. She's my fave.

OMG! My humble apologies. I should have used the search function, sorry! She is wonderful though. Thanks for the heads up about her MySpace, I'll have to check that out.
 
By the way Cash and Sin Mr King is no different really from the original except its a very slightly shimmerier mix...
 

Top