Netflix recommendations | The Popjustice Forum

Netflix recommendations

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by pdf, Feb 11, 2018.

1. pdf

pdf

Thought this might be useful. It's not always easy to find good stuff on Netflix and their recommendations are sometimes a bit shonky...... so beyond the obvious stuff, what are PJers watching on Netflix and why?

Me: The Pass.
    Why? Initially for Russell Tovey in his pants, but then it gets pretty dark, and the acting is great.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80195885

2. I'm watching a German series called Babylon Berlin right now and it's fantastic so far (I've watched the first 4). The direction, performances and scripts are top notch, the costumes and sets are beautiful, and it's actually a lot of fun despite being quite dark as well. Also the lead actor could like... get it.

LP, pdf and Monkey0 like this.
  3. LP

LP

I love a Danish program called Rita about a rebellious school teacher.

sometimesxtc and burzacott like this.
  4. I absolutely love that series! It's so funny and poignant.

LP likes this.
  5. I highly recommend Big Mouth for anyone who hasn't seen it. It's an animation series about teenagers going through puberty and it's hilarious.

They also recently added Crazyhead which was a sci-fi series from E4 a few years back from the guy who wrote Misfits. Also very funny.

johnny_tsunami, LP and Terminus like this.
  6. LP

LP

Travelers with Eric McCormack is brilliant too. The second series was just released before Christmas. A mix of Glitch and the returned.

Hybridcookie likes this.
  7. pdf

pdf

That's on my list! And i'm halfway through Big Mouth. It's filthy and gross and hilarious.

burzacott and Terminus like this.
  8. My promo!

9. pdf

pdf

Can't Cope, Won't Cope, an Irish TV series on Netflix about two young women whose lives are kinda falling apart is excellent.

Vasilios, gagapourgaga and Terminus like this.

10. My Listed!

LP and pdf like this.
  11. I'm loving Ugly Delicious It's a food documentary where each episode focuses on a traditional item and what that means in the social construct of a region and then the world.

Satyress and Vasilios like this.
  12. BoJack Horseman is fantastic. Don't let the fact its an animated show put you off, it is genuinely a heartfelt, emotional roller coaster with so many hilarious and touching moments and quotes.

13. Second BoJack. It’s very, very good. But also very bleak. It’s really sharply written satire.

Similarly Rick & Morty.

And its run was cut short, but Sense8 is an assault on the senses and should be experienced, particularly if you’re queer.

14. Currently watching a show called The End of the F***ing World. It's dark, twisted, funny and fucked! Highly recommend it.

LP likes this.
  15. I tried to get into it, but I just couldn't.

16. Also on All 4 for anyone who doesn’t have a Netflix subscription.

I thought it was good. Not amazing, but solid and sharp.

17. pdf

pdf

Halfway way through the third season of Love and I feel like it's gonna go to some really unexpected place. Plus Claudia O'Doherty is a hoot.

18. How long did you stick it out for because it gets considerably better from episode 3 onwards?

19. I still haven't watched the second season of this. Even though I watched the whole of season 1 and enjoyed it I couldn't quite bring myself to commit to season 2. I think the characters annoyed me just a bit too much. Maybe I should give it a go.

20. I just finished Terrace House: Boys & Girls In the City and I recommend it if you're looking for something chill but still interesting to watch. It's a Japanese reality show that has six strangers living together in a really nice house - kind of like The Real World but with a lower drama quotient. It's really fun to watch the social dynamics develop between the house members. Also, nearly everyone on the show is hot.

New Flame likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.