Netflix recommendations | Page 146 | The Popjustice Forum

Netflix recommendations

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by pdf, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Zuzzy zazz x

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  2. Uh...

Subs?

Andy French likes this.
  3. If they're gonna keep doing shows like Too Hot To Handle and give us multiple versions of it, I better SEE

VitaminBee likes this.
  4. Has anyone watched Kitz? It’s dubbed from German and is rather camp in a Revenge / Gossip Girl kind of way. 6 eps. About a girl who seeks revenge on some uber rich people in a ski resort.

Martyn likes this.
  5. I have. To me it seemed like they were trying very hard to make a German language Elite, but I enjoyed the campery nevertheless.

6. Not seen Elite but would you recommend it?

7. Definitely. I think the characters in Elite are more relatable and it's arguably less soapy than Kitz. Also, the mystery is more amped up, and it is HOT. And funnily, I teach from the book they always hold in the school scenes ddd.

IntoTheBlue likes this.
  8. Sorry if its already been mentioned - but anyone watching Station Eleven? Just started and its great?

Cognitive Dissonance likes this.
  9. I watched The Dance of the 41 last night.

[​IMG]

Fucking Christ.

Would anyone recommend Paquita Salas? I know it's old, but the trailer for it came up last night and it looked fun.

Vasilios likes this.
  10. I just finished Behind Her Eyes. WHAT IN THE
    kinda HOMOPHOBIC
    TWIST IS THAT?! I kinda live for the messery.

PopGaga and 4Roses like this.
  11. I’m already hooked - thank you!

Andrew and Maria like this.
  12. Paquita Salas is fun but very reference heavy, so you might miss a lot of it if you're not Spanish or knowledgeable about Spanish pop culture.

13. Archive 81 was a really interesting premise and story but I kind of wish some of the execution was slightly better. I was also extremely tired of the two leads by the end.

He and Sugaboy like this.
  14. Netflix really have an issue with stringing stories out over far too many episodes. Stay Close could have been wrapped up in 6 episodes and I’m on episode 5 of Archive 81 and pretty much nothing has happened over the last couple of episodes.

Sarzy, Disobedience and Sugaboy like this.
  15. He

He

I just finished and really liked it. You are very right that the lead's expressions are ridiculously similar to Paulson!

I enjoyed the slow burn and occultism. The sound design and soundtrack were great. I literally watched in two days, as it was quite effective at drip feeding interesting information!

The final two episodes were a bit meh: the flashback one was dull and broke the pace completely. It could have been condensed to 6 episodes, as characters start to get progressively dumb.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  16. I'd have taken another 6 Stay Close episodes dd. I don't know, the 'nothing is happening' vibe along with the Blackpool (?) scenery and the lead being a queen... it made for such a mindless viewing.

Blue6010 likes this.
  17. You just want the inspector dad! It ran way too long sis honestly.

18. Noooo, the photographer dad sis.

19. But isn’t he “too young” for your taste dddd

I for sure thought it was inspector dad ALSKSFJF

etienne likes this.
  20. Sis that one looks like James Arthur's gran stop itttt.

Judy Jetson Hooker likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.