Netflix recommendations | Page 165 | The Popjustice Forum

Netflix recommendations

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by pdf, Feb 11, 2018.

1. If this is renewed after Archive 81 and Marianne's cancellation.. I have no words.

amtam and Bookwormboy like this.
  2. I have two episodes left of Never Have I Ever, just as I predicted! My husband and I watched the entire second season of Indian Matchmaking today, ah it was so good. Seema Mami from Mumbai stays being a queen. Based on how they ended the second season I reckon it’s dead certain there’s a third season coming.

lushLuck and Maria like this.
  3. Never Have I Ever is great. I just wish the sex stuff was more realistic though. They go from kissing to penetrative sex, with no discussion of everything else that happens in between that teenagers do.

Maria likes this.
  4. Episode 5 of The Sandman, set in the Diner, was actually really brilliant.

IEngineered, craiggci and Juango like this.
  5. Not me getting emotional at the last episode of the current season of Never Have I Ever. Maitreyi Ramakrishnan is a very convincing cryer!

6. Finished Keep Breathing. The final episode was kinda boring as hell honestly. Overall it was an ok little show. As someone who was mixed on Melissa Berrara's performance in Scream I thought she was much better here.

7. I'm very late with this, but I have fallen in love with Anne With an E. It's such a good-hearted coming of age show, and it has so many good messages of tolerance for the younger generation. I also love the window it offers to a much simpler and less materialistic way of life.

Sure it is all very idealized, but period dramas have never been about realism anyway, and I'm glad they used it to show more inclusive stories.

I heard that it was cancelled after the third season, and actually I believe the book goes a bit beyond what is seen in the series, but I have just seen the finale and it's hard to imagine it wasn't always meant to end there. People can go in without fearing it's going to end abruptly.

I can't recommend it enough!

Isobel and Aiden like this.
  8. Is it just me that finds it really distracting how much make-up is on the boys in Never Have I Ever? And it almost looks orange? I notice this in every season...

lushLuck and Juango like this.
  9. I really noticed it on Paxton. But the actor is in his 30s playing a high school student.

ry123, Maria, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  10. Yeah, he does look a lot older than the rest of the cast, which is also a little distracting!

Maria and lushLuck like this.
  11. He

He

Ddd yeah they all look orange but I think this is a lighting issue. Ben also looks orange a lot, I think it’s the makeup hiding their beard shadow. It looks a bit off.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    bonnieetclyde, Maria and lushLuck like this.
  12. Finished season 3 of Never Have I Ever, not me crying through the last 10/15 mins!

13. I still have 2 episodes left of Never Have I Ever and I'm already crying.

14. I was crying until the cringe of the final scene. Can't wait for season 4!

Laurence likes this.
  15. Yeah, as someone who lost their mom way too young in life, that last 10 minutes of NHIE absolutely destroyed me.

Matreyi and Poorna are such good actresses.

Laurence and colouroffensive like this.
  16. I'm 6 episodes into The Sandman and I'm finding it really good, especially the last few episodes. Glad I persevered.

17. Started watching this tonight. I watched 2 and a half episodes to give it a chance but just couldn’t get into it. I was looking forward to it after seeing the trailer but I was bored most of the time so won’t be watching anymore.

Nwonder likes this.
  18. I know most people here trashed it but I absolutely loved Uncoupled? I am praying we get another season (or more!) as I grew to really like the characters and even enjoy Neil Patrick in his role.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    Blue6010, Rob, flipper30 and 4 others like this.
  19. Agreed! I thought it got better as the episodes went on and I genuinely would like to see the story continue into season 2.

blod, Maria and tyrabnks like this.
  20. I watched the first episode of Echoes and not sold on it. Feels a bit like SMG’s Ringer but less fun. Is it worth sticking with?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.