Netflix recommendations | Page 175 | The Popjustice Forum

Netflix recommendations

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by pdf, Feb 11, 2018.

1. He

He

I think the show does amazingly in never using the title character as a punch line while also focusing on her struggles as a neurodivergent person, and it does it with a lot of respect (I think her dating is also a great topic). They also show other neurodivergent characters and her interactions with them are great. There’s a lot of reflection happening in general with her and those around her. The more trite parts come form regular tropes of kdramas or general storytelling. It’s a very easy watch though.

Macsun and LoveMachine like this.
  2. Started From Scratch... why does it feel like it's dubbed? All the voices are so... robotic.

3. Addicted to Kleo. Deserves more eyeballs!

OceanBlue likes this.
  4. Just finished Midnight Club and it sadly was the worst season of all the similiar shows. There were some good moments, especially Anya.

But the ending made me so angry, I truly feel like I wasted 10 hours now.

maneater83 and burzacott like this.
  5. Sometimes it's a bit messy, but it's very good !

IEngineered likes this.
  6. I've been watching Pepsi, Where's My Jet? It's actually quite interesting.

7. This was a really tough watch! Very emotional

lushLuck and Vasilios like this.
  8. The male lead didn't convince me so I left it, my husband loved it though. A true hun.

9. The Vatican Girl was a harrowing watch. WHERE IS SHE? WHAT DID THEY DO TO HER BODY? I hope her family doesn't live there anymore.

Such a sad story and the Italian police telling the parents not to worry about their daughter being kidnapped because she's not pretty enough - LIKE WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK?! I can't.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    Maria likes this.
  10. Got through all of From Scratch on my latest plane ride and I absolutely loved it. It's not an especially good show, but it was jam-packed with just the right amount of emotional cheese. Zoe Saldana's incredible performance and the beautiful cinematography really elevate the material and I found myself genuinely invested in the couple's relationship. I cried a lot, with the finale leaving me sobbing so aggressively that one of the flight attendants had to check on me.

4Roses, Maria, IEngineered and 2 others like this.
  11. [​IMG]

Ellie Goulding says she can't believe The Vatican Girl went missing.

ItBeats, Andy French, LTG and 4 others like this.
  12. SCREAMMMINNNNNG!

AllRed and sesita like this.
  13. It still makes me howl.

ItBeats, Sarzy, Remorque and 6 others like this.
  14. - Nikki Grahame when Susie Verrico arrived at the Big Brother house, 2006

WowWowWowWow, Remorque, OSHi and 3 others like this.

15. Annoying it‘s been canceled but glad he explained what would have happened.

He is moving to Amazon after his next show.

IEngineered, sesita and maneater83 like this.
  16. I couldn't even make it past the second episode to even work out what the mysteries were. It had potential but was just terrible.

17. This movie is amazing! Very poignant and tough, but a great watch.

Juango and Vasilios like this.
  18. So I gave the new animated version of A Christmas Carol a go and...eh. Maybe because I just saw the Muppets version last week, but this version falls pretty flat, the story has been told so many times and in so many ways that there's nothing much to do with it to make it stand out. The animation was pretty and the music was mostly gorgeous, Luke Evans and Jessie Buckley especially were serving it that day in the vocal booth, so it's not all bad. So I'd say just listen to the soundtrack and watch the Muppet one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.