Netflix recommendations

The new adaption is so much better than the film, which I thought was quite lifeless all the way through (and that accent from Anne Hathaway...). Granted this series has more room to flesh things out with each year getting its own episode, but I also just found the two leads a lot more charming. I was a mess at the end.

Last edited:
Not new but Out Of Thin Air is a fascinating documentary about a pair of murders which took place in Iceland in the 70s. Includes interviews with the accused and those involved with the investigation. Leaves you with lots of questions afterwards.

Not new but Out Of Thin Air is a fascinating documentary about a pair of murders which took place in Iceland in the 70s. Includes interviews with the accused and those involved with the investigation. Leaves you with lots of questions afterwards.

Thank you! I watched it after reading this and honestly I can't really fathom what the hell happened there...

I like that Players was basically a heist movie about getting dick, but the execution was so bungled up with how predictable the story was.

Raising their rates again. Man I feel like they’ve raised them at least half a dozen times since Covid and more than once since they eliminated password sharing (which btw is obnoxious trying to bypass at any place that isn’t your primary residence). It would be one thing if they offered nothing but top tier programming but there’s only a few gems over the constant onslaught of turds.

https://variety.com/2024/digital/news/netflix-price-increase-2024-analyst-1235923872/

Griselda was so frikkin good I didn't want it to end!

Apparently, they were very loose with the facts of her life. Regardless, it was very entertaining. I do think Sofia Vergara's excellent performance and the wonderful production and costume design elevated the material.

She/Her/Queen
THIS is one of my favorite true crime docs ever. The setting, the cold case - everything about it was perfect. Very well done.