Netflix recommendations

Rmx

He/Him/His
Is Flannigan doing anything new?

The Hauntings of Hill House and Bly Manor + Fall Of The House Of Usher have literally been the only series I have managed to finish (besides Drag Race) with my severe ADHD and general impatience with series. But he just crafts his stories so perfectly. I haven't watched Midnight Mass or The Midnight Club. Should I?

Is Flannigan doing anything new?

The Hauntings of Hill House and Bly Manor + Fall Of The House Of Usher have literally been the only series I have managed to finish (besides Drag Race) with my severe ADHD and general impatience with series. But he just crafts his stories so perfectly. I haven't watched Midnight Mass or The Midnight Club. Should I?
The Midnight Club is the weakest of the lot, but still mildly enjoyable. He’s signed a deal with Amazon, and is editing The Life of Chuck.

https://screenrant.com/mike-flanagan-upcoming-movies-tv-shows-release-dates/

I'm being dragged into the second season of The Tourist by a friend who's staying with me for a couple of weeks. This show is even sillier than I recall.

The books are mind blowingly good with massive set pieces that feel like big movie moments when then align (but there’s also so much hard sci-fi in between) - I wanna dive in but I have no idea how they can make this into an episodic tv show.

Any more opinions on 3 Body Problem? Been hearing very mixed things.
Sexy scientists doing sexy science! I've read the first book and it's a fun ride (though has a tendency on going on scientific tangents), from what I've seen thus far they're being a bit more heavy handed which will do a much better job at making it accessible.

I’m on episode six of 3 Body Problem. I think it isn’t as well executed as it could’ve been… from casting to directing. It’s tonally uneven and the acting can be dodgy from time to time but the strength of the source does come through. I’m unsure we’ll get the entire 3+ seasons if this doesn’t set ratings on fire. I don’t mean to be harsh with the production; I’m aware how difficult it must’ve been to adapt the novel. But post-West World and the host of excellent sci-fi series on Apple, this feels like a long way from a home run.

I thought they did a great job at adapting the Three Body Problem. It's faithful to the spirit of the books even though they changed the background and gender of some of the main characters. I expected the action to go much more slowly and I like that they chose to include some elements of the second and third books. That way, they won't need to rely heavily on flashbacks.

And Queen Sophon slayed! That shot of her flying down from the sky with the sun(s) behind her was amazing.