Netflix recommendations | Page 20 | The Popjustice Forum

Netflix recommendations

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by pdf, Feb 11, 2018.

1. It was alright. The twist was super cliche and also confusing because I'm pretty sure
    she slept with her son in her imagination

2. This looks like it could be quite good although I’m not the biggest fan of JHall.

3. I just finished binging season one of Merlí on Netflix (and the subsequent gay storyline online...for some reason Season 2 and 3 are not streaming). Julian doesn’t compare to the character of Pol who literally fucks anything that walks. Might not be everyone’s cup of tea but it’s an
    interesting drama about high school and philosophy.

Vasilios likes this.
  4. Well, I'm looking forward to Sex Education tomorrow. I hope it's good.

Blue6010, andru and roblognick like this.
  5. First episode of SEX education was pretty fun. Not perfect but pretty good. Gillian Anderson is great. Some of the other characters are a hit cliched. Watching episode 2 now.

6. I have to say that American Vandal came out of nowhere to win my heart. A very well written mystery and alot more serious than it appears. I thought it was going to be some kind of unfunny parody of murder mystery shows but it's completely different to ny expectations.

If the humour is not your style/taste the show is still highly enjoyable.

7. Sex Education is perfect so far. It is actively hilarious and devastatingly emotional at the same time (see episode 3).

My only question is, is this meant to be a modern day show? The costuming and decor seems very late 80s/early 90s but they have smartphones and mention modern celebrities. Confusing.

andru likes this.
  8. I get your point but I think they're just attempting to create their own style. I didn't see it as not being modern.

andru likes this.
  9. 3 episodes in and I’m loving Sex Education. A fantastic array of characters and some great acting. Looking forward to watching the rest of the season!

andru likes this.
  10. I'm watching it as well cause a former student is on it dd
    Can't believe he went from school plays to Gillian freaking Anderson.

I think it's set in our time, but... where the hell are they?
    Everything looks very American but they have British currency?

andru likes this.
  11. I'm not sure where it's meant to be based... looks nice though.

andru likes this.
    andru likes this.
  13. Was watching Sex Eduaction, I recognised the village area Otis lives in, Simmonda Yat - think it was all filmed around Wales/England border.

It’s a college right? Not High school?

andru likes this.
  14. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Administrator

andru likes this.
  15. The clinic was called Broughton something so yeah makes sense.

16. I knew I recognised it! My grandparents used to take me there all the time when I was younger because we lived close by! Also explains Cynthia having a Welsh accent.

Anyway I just finished it. The show has a lot of heart and I'm excited to see where it goes next season!

andru likes this.
  17. I went quite often last year as I lived close by too, i love the hand pulled boat - beautiful village at sunset too!

jordxn likes this.
  18. Sex Education is great - it feels very familiar, like it's a mix of many shows that have been released in recent years, but that's not a criticism at all.

Deleted member 5343 likes this.
  19. They said in the show at the start it was a secondary school.

20. It’s a Sixth Form, which means they’re all 16-18 and post-GCSE so essentially it is a college. I went to a sixth form and we had lockers, so some of it is indeed relatable to me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.