Netflix recommendations

I have never heard of I May Destroy You, I might start it tonight if people recommend

I was very late and just finished The Fall with Gillian Anderson, absolutely loved it was hooked the whole 3 seasons

Can anybody recommend any other shows like this that I should watch

I have never heard of I May Destroy You, I might start it tonight if people recommend

I was very late and just finished The Fall with Gillian Anderson, absolutely loved it was hooked the whole 3 seasons

Can anybody recommend any other shows like this that I should watch
Luther, Broadchurch, The Killing, Top of the Lake, Fortitude.

It seems the Netflix "no account sharing" thing has kicked in (and kicked me off my ex's account) so I guess that's over.

I just finished Ugly Betty (I watched season 1 years ago but fell off, just did a full rewatch) and ugh it's lowkey one of the best shows ever. Such a feel good show with a great cast, fantastic characters and so much heart.

My one annoyance with it....the Henry storyline was drawn out entirely too long, I almost got annoyed every time he'd pop back up nn. And the Matt storyline was frustrating....why would they bring this guy in who felt so great for Betty, turn him into a massive horrible asshole, and then have him flip back to being a good guy.

Loved this

MV5BNGUzZmU1YzktNTkxOS00ZTI0LTljNmQtMTIxNTliY2I5NDFjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzMTg2ODkz._V1_.jpg

This isn’t specifically limited to Netflix but I didn’t know where else to put it.

Is anybody else completely overwhelmed and numb to TV series nowadays? I have a list of stuff to watch and I just don’t feel compelled to dive into any of it. It’s like there’s so much choice, I just can’t be arsed to keep up.

I watched Baby Reindeer, but that’s the first series I’ve finished since Christmas. Every week there seems to be one or two new series, that get good reviews and it’s like “oh another one”. I’d much rather films that have a story tied up in 2 hours rather than 8 hours and probably being left on a cliff hanger.

This isn’t specifically limited to Netflix but I didn’t know where else to put it.

Is anybody else completely overwhelmed and numb to TV series nowadays? I have a list of stuff to watch and I just don’t feel compelled to dive into any of it. It’s like there’s so much choice, I just can’t be arsed to keep up.

I watched Baby Reindeer, but that’s the first series I’ve finished since Christmas. Every week there seems to be one or two new series, that get good reviews and it’s like “oh another one”. I’d much rather films that have a story tied up in 2 hours rather than 8 hours and probably being left on a cliff hanger.
I feel the same! I have like 500 things on my want to watch list.
And these days i prefer a miniseries because you get a proper ending.

He/Him

This is why the binge model is not as healthy as people might think it is. It's a huge chunk of effort to get through a series and keep up with everyone. Give me weekly releases of 1 or 2 episodes to allow for a steady stream of content and suspense to build.

She/her
I feel the same way too. I got 9 months of Disney+ free but have hardly watched anything on it (although, there doesn't seem to be that much on it that I want to watch) and I have barely touched Netflix in months. I did watch all of Baby Reindeer in the last 24 hours and watched Ripley last week so that's something.

Same - there's loads of things I want to watch but I just can't face watching anything new

I binged Law & Order SVU because that's an easy watch I know what I'm getting and was familiar with Baby Reindeer but now I'm back to just cycling through the sitcoms I know so well because I just can't face starting anything new

Wow I’m glad I’m not the only one then!

What I hate as well is how long episodes are. 45 minutes is FINE. I watched the first episode of Fallout and it was good but 75 minutes? And all the others are an hour? Come on now.

Give me one a week, 45 minutes, and I’m happy.

Mvnl

Staff member
Yeah, recently finishing One Day I realized a miniseries works perfectly for me because it's neatly finished and not overly long.
When I discover a new show I like I kinda hyperfocus to the extend of not being able to watch anything else till it's finished (often to wonder 'so now what?' once I'm done), so I kinda cherish the few shows where I'm still getting weekly episodes.
(Though if there's then huge holes in the programming with sometimes there not being an episode for weeks that's the other end of the spectrum and not enjoyable either)

Kinda ironic to type all that as I just pressed play on episode 1 of Neighbours.