Netflix recommendations | Page 96 | The Popjustice Forum

Netflix recommendations

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by pdf, Feb 11, 2018.

1. This type of thinking isn’t compatible with human life I’m afraid.

bakerboy92, He, LoveMachine and 2 others like this.
  2. As Laurence said, try out Community. For another "modern classic", how about Arrested Development?
    If you're willing to go for a traditional family sitcom, the new One Day At A Time has a lot of heart while tackling some current issues along the way.

Laurence likes this.
  3. Happy Endings

[​IMG]

4. have you watched schitts creek yet, im on the last series atm

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    DominoDancing likes this.
  5. My favorite episode of television.

Andrew, lushLuck and VitaminBee like this.
  6. It's truly one of the best episodes of the series... though they have quite a few of those (Season 2 is pretty perfect!)

Stopremix and lushLuck like this.
  7. Elite. It's Spanish and can be dubbed as English so I was sceptical at first, but I've just finished it and it's brilliant!

8. I’ve fallen off Netflix a bit. So many things added to my list but I’ve started Grey’s Anatomy over on Prime so that’s going to occupy me for a good while.

I did manage to watch The Holidate on Netflix over the weekend though. Totally predictable and went through every rom-com trope in the book AND I LOVED IT!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Andrew, unnameable, Maria and 2 others like this.

9. That’s what we call “impact”

spaceship, acl, Artemisia and 7 others like this.
  10. I just watched episode 2 last night, and I’m in awe

OlliMaus likes this.
  11. We're watching this right now and it's hilarious?
    Just so funny.
    I love Stockholm too.

12. Also

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a movie?
    I never had a grandmother or family with similar experiences yet

[​IMG]

13. I lasted all of five minutes with the Dolly Parton Christmas movie with Queen Christine Baranski. I love them both but I couldn’t hack the movie. I ended up watching The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants instead. I can’t believe I waited 15 years to watch a film so perfectly crafted for me?!
    I’ve just finished episode one of Dash & Lily - LOVE IT!

14. Heartbreak High is on Netflix?!?!

Martyn and Mvnl like this.
  15. Tried Dash & Lily first two episodes and it's not for me.
    What kind of Miranda Cosgrove video with 2013 Intagram effects.

Rob and unnameable like this.
  16. I found Dash & Lily so charming.

Also I managed to sit through the entire Dolly Parton movie and I'm not quite sure how...

lushLuck and Mvnl like this.
  17. I cannot tell you how much I loved Dolly’s Christmas In The Square. It is absolute trash in every possible way, and I can’t think of anything better for a drunken campy holiday viewing.

As I said in the Oscars thread, Hillbilly Elegy is one of the worst films I’ve ever seen. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced such an overwrought display of bad acting & piss-poor writing masquerading as something important.

Watched The Prom tonight and it’s such a high budget cheesy treat chock full of wonderful performances (aside from James Corden as a tortured gay being the worst miscasting I’ve seen since John Travolta in Hairspray). It’s all very High School Musical & Glee if they were given no limit on how much money could be spent on production, and I thoroughly enjoyed the silliness of it all.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  18. I finished Dash & Lily in one sitting. It really was super charming. Both actors were great and likeable.
    I’m going to reattempt the Dolly movie at a later stage. My bookclub wants to watch it all at the same time, virtually of course, so we can laugh along together.

popprincess and lushLuck like this.
  19. I watched the Dolly movie despite not loving X-mas movies or campy musicals. I'm not quite sure why I watched the entire thing but it was fine to mostly have on in the background. I would imagine if you're in the spirit of the season (whilst consuming copious amounts of spirits) it might be more fun. Stick it on whilst you're putting your crimbo decorations up.

20. So has anyone watched the Turkish mini series Ethos (original name is Bir Baskadir)? It is the best Turkish product on Netflix. Anyone that likes character focused dramas with great insights into the society should watch.

DirtyMonkey, spaceship, OSHi and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.