new boyband/girlband? | The Popjustice Forum

new boyband/girlband?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by maxmartin, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Anyone know if any record companies ahve got any new girl or boybands in production at the moment? I havent really heard of any?

2. Xenomania recently held auditions for a new girlband in the US. I don't know what has come of it - but if all went well, we might have a new supergroup out soon!

3. Hurrah I can finally post after like a month!!!! :)

There's a new boyband on Fascination, they're like McFly.

Erm, there's the new "Euro" Pussycat Dolls on Polydor and another new 3-some on Island.

4. Do you know what that boyband is called, or going to be called?

5. Whats the Euro Pussycat Dolls called?

6. I'm sure I read about that McFly-esque band on Wikipedia months ago. Taking they're time a bit.

7. They were called 'Crazy Horse'. No, i'm being serious. The band also had Lauren Blake from 'Frank' in it, but its possible (and hopeful) that they've changed their name and she might have been removed.

Apparently there is ANOTHER girlband coming out through Polydor as well.

8. How many other bands has she got to be in before she thinks, "Hmm - I don't really like the politics of pop music!" There is no chance for other girlgroups until Girls Aloud split. I would feel like I was having an affair and I love my wife too much.

9. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

BWHAHA, was there ever a time when you were involved with both the Babes and the Girls? ahhaha, I'm just joking with you Kirkland...

I really don't think there is room for new boy/girl bands unless they are going to be absolutely amazing from the beginning, it's so hard to market them these days, especially in the U.S.

10. So here are the UK Pussycat Dolls, called The Paradiso Girls: -

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A-wKNbvHWjA

Thank god they've changed the name from 'Crazy Horse'

The group is signed to Interscope, and contains both american and english girls amongst others: -

1. Chelsea from 'Search For The Next Pussycat Doll'

2. Aria, the french girl who featured on Valeria's debut single 'Girl I Told Ya'

And if you look closely in the video, you'll also see Miss Lauren Blake from Frank...

11. In the US, a new boyband called The Factory is currently in the works. Their only claim to fame at them moment is that one of them is dating Ashley Tisdale from HSM. But they are signed to major label.

12. dddirtymind

dddirtymind Guest

That would be rational thinking, whereas anyone drawn into pop far enough to actually get anywhere is distinctly irrational. A rational person would realize it's a crapshoot to begin with.

13. *gasps*

Lauren Blake from Frank has been found!!! I love her.

14. Paradiso Girls? What an awful name. They sound like hotel entertainment. There are also too many of them.

15. Electrovamp is a new band... The girls, known as Kute, after Electrokute and finally Electrovamp, have already performed during the What Will The Neighbours Say Tour of Girls Aloud. The girls have signed with Island Records and have worked with a lot of people included Hannah Robinson, Andy Chatterley... They will release their first single "I Don't Like The Vib In The VIP" on 31st december...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=65621962

16. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Do we really need another McFly?
    I think we've had quite enough songs about girlfriends leaving fat-faced "Back To The Future" obsessed whiners with Digimon hair for some goon in the army.

A new Busted would be nice.

17. KaMZ

KaMZ Guest

Although not new, Ukrainian Girlgroup "Nu Virgos" have started singing in english and want to become more popular in europe, here's their new video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRjl3H8Ui4

It's really well done. Unfair Girls aloud" don't have the budget for something as epic as that...

the song sounds like a weird electro-pop version of something Ennio Morricone would have composed.

18. Wow cool...

In any case, it'll be nice to have both Hope and Futureproof from the X Factor 2007 signed and release their CDs.

Eton Road should have their debut single out next year I believe, now that the've got ther new member since that Anthony left...
    http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=237&topic=4347.0

And Sunshyne, featuring the 2 original members Tisha and Tanya, and 2 others...
    http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=237&topic=6837.0

Oh oh and hopefully Clea (Emma + Aimee) bounce back stronger than ever next year...

19. So really in a matter of weeks apart two British girls band have reached the top end of the album chart. PCD will have made a lot of moolah for A&M too (although having spent a lot of hiring producers initally).

It wouldn't suprise me if most of the major labels are now scratching their chins and thinking about the launching their own girl groups. The thing is it's taken Girls Aloud five long years to earn these kind of returns. Are there any other companies out there that are prepared to treat their new girls groups as long term investments??

As for boybands, there time will come around again. The past five years should probably have seen the girl band all but dissapear. The reason the Sugababes and Girls Aloud have survived is that they are likeable, great performers, with brilliant songs.

If a great new boy band came along, it would transend the trend 'against' boy bands and sell regardless.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.