New forum tweaks and fixes | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

New forum tweaks and fixes

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by Popjustice, Jan 27, 2017.

1. This sometimes happens to me. I think it's something to do with the blockers set in your browser - Firefox Focus (which blocks a lot of things) does this to me semi-frequently, for example, but Safari doesn't.

2. It sorted itself out on it's own thankfully.

londonrain likes this.
  3. Didn't wanna start a new thread for this, but there's a Carlsberg ad running on the site which has a little pop-up overlay that covers part of the page. Usually they're horizontal, so you can scroll and ignore it, but this one's vertical on the right side of the screen, so you have to engage with the ad before you can read a thread.

@Popjustice

4. I don't know where to post this, but can anyone tell me if my avatar is working? When I'm viewing the forum everyone else's avatar is fine, but mine is like a little broken image thing instead of the Sick Sad World motif I usually have.

5. Fine for me.

londonrain likes this.
  6. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

I really want to reply and say it's working for me too but it's not actually showing up... Did you reupload it already?

7. I cleared my browsing history and cache and now it's showing up again. Weird.

8. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

In many respects this is my favourite type of internet problem: something that was almost certainly my fault, but requires no action on my part to be sorted out.

9. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

Well tonight has been a rollercoaster of emotion

10. You shouldn’t have bothered

11. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

There was a moment when I thought: "Hold on. Maybe this is it. Maybe this is the moment I close the forum." It was a brief moment of clarity, perhaps similar to the feeling of absolute peace some people feel in the moments immediately prior to death.

londonrain, Ray, Eric Generic and 2 others like this.
  12. I didn't realise until last night how much visiting the forum had become part of my daily routine.

I need a hobby.

13. This.

Sam de Jour likes this.
  14. Amen.

15. I'm having the same issues @NuhdeensPassport was having at the top of the page. It happened when I tried to post a gif that I guess was too big, so I noticed the post had a X instead of the image, so when I clicked edit to paste in a smaller version, it brought me to a different screen (instead of a popup for editing) and it had no box for me to edit in. Now I have to click 'are sure you want to like this" on a different page if I click like, when I hover my mouse over my alerts, they don't show up, so I have to click to the alerts screen to view them, and I can't reply to anything now unless I'm in compatibility mode like I am now -- but that's a mess.

16. Slice of Life likes this.
  17. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

18. Ray and Sam de Jour like this.
  19. Why are tumblr embeds not working? Happens on multiple browsers & in incognito

20. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

Not sure how to prevent it but I just fixed that example by silently editing the post and basically resaving it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.