New forum tweaks and fixes | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

New forum tweaks and fixes

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by Popjustice, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

No idea I'm afraid, can you link me some examples?

Thanks!

2. Ray

Ray

Confirmed, and it seems to happen randomly. In the Pet Shop Boys rate thread I replaced a few images, but one of them wouldn't update – the proxy.php link. The others are direct links. All of them are 600x600 jpg files. There might be more of those proxy.php images, but I only updated a few, so I'm not sure.

When adding images to some posts, I get the broken link and . But when I click "post reply", the image appears. Example (in case that's helpful?)

http://www.raygrant.com/psb/tsa.jpg

Edit: oh whoa, now it didn't close the IMG tag at all! It appeared as [ IMG ]filename, then when I edited and saved changes the [ IMG ] disappeared.

Speaking of links, when I select some text, then click the "add link" icon WHILE EDITING it, nothing happens. Well, I get the "wait a second" animation, after which nothing happens. I became quite...fluent at adding links by hand.

Eric Generic likes this.
  3. Ray

Ray

Inserting links into edited posts works! That saves me quite a bit of time. Thank you @Dmuper!

Eric Generic likes this.
  4. Has the forum font changed? It looks different on mobile.

5. Is there a reason image links keep breaking and no longer showing up?

6. I've had a look around and it's happening on other forums too, it looks like imgur might be cracking down on websites that technically breach their nonsense Terms of Service. Which would be... disastrous.

evilsin and Jeffo like this.
  7. Is that a forum dedicated to... watches?

Jwentz and evilsin like this.
  8. Also, I'm calling BS because Imgur literally gives you the direct image link with the BBCode so if they're cracking down on people using the site as a third party image host, why give them the share options to do so conveniently in the first place?

9. I don't know how long it'll work for or if the images will just mess up again in a little bit, but opening up the edit screen and just saving it fixes the image embeds for posts, esp. for those with image-heavy rates.

Edit - Nope. Checking in incognito shows they don't show so it's probably just stored cookies making them show up in my own browser ddd. At least doing that makes it easier to resave them and move them to a different host if you don't have the files saved anymore.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    evilsin and Slice of Life like this.
  10. I literally thought this was the point of imgur too. Well, no photobucket and no imgur, what is left?

Also I think images might be completely down on mobile. Because I linked images I uploaded to imgur today and they show on my computer, but not on my iPad.

evilsin and Slice of Life like this.
  11. I'm trying out imgbb and imgsafe. I hope they come through. Seeing all my rates with broken graphics genuinely broke my heart.

12. kal

kal

Tinypic should work too.

Serg., ohnostalgia and evilsin like this.
  13. This is... both saddening and maddening at the same time. Guess I got my work cut out for me unless this is somehow fixed.

Serg. and Slice of Life like this.
  14. So apparently the Facebook videos are not embedding now as well...

15. Today also YouTube videos (on my phone).

evilsin likes this.
  16. XenForo is out for blood.

Dennis likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.