New General Video Game Discussion 2 | The Popjustice Forum

New General Video Game Discussion 2

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by _hazzie_, May 20, 2013.

1. So the old thread has vanished into the Off Topic abyss and E3 is just around the corner, so here is a temporary thread (I suppose you do play them mostly on the 'TV'...). Exciting news about the next generation consoles will be with us soon, so it's a very exciting time for gamers and the industry!

2. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I think I'm finally going to get myself a Wii U soon. I expect the PS4 won't be any good until at least a year into its lifespan, so I'll get one then.

3. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

New X-Box being unveiled tomorrow!

4. I think things for the Xbox reveal kick off at 5pm UK time but they are showing it off around 6pm.

Also Nintendo are doing another Direct in a week or two pre E3 detailing Super Smash Bros. U, new 3D Mario title al la Galaxy, Mario Kart U amongst other things, big titles! Apparently the rumour goes that Mario Kart U is actually going to be Mario and Sonic Kart U, not sure I believe it though...

5. We've got a Sonic kart racer, so that seems unlikely.

I really want to get a WiiU for next year, but I also want to wait for better games to be released for it first. Having a 3DS I only played Pokémon Black on for the first year of its release felt a bit wrong.

6. Holy shit, the 3DS came out in 2011? I bought one a month after launch, and I honestly thought it was from 2012... I only ever had one game for 2 years, I guess that's why I can't distinguish when it came out.

7. Has it? I've barely seen anything about it, is there any good games for it yet?

8. Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land to name a few, plus Pokémon, Animal Crossing and Mario & Luigi are coming out soon.

I have noticed these are all Nintendo games...

9. I only had a few for a long time, it was mainly Pokémon I played on it too, but by the end of the year I'll have over 12 games for it and 7 currently, which is quite a lot really. Especially considering in their life times I have 16 Wii games, 17 DS games and 12 PS3 games and they have kept me entertained for years. They have really started churning out the hits for the 3DS.

10. Love this thread. I have no interest in the new Xbox but I'll probably watch the unveiling anyway.

11. Rmx

Rmx

I wonder what Microsoft comes up with. I've never been an X-Box gal but the Wii-U and PS4 have not managed to make me excited at all, so maybe the 'X720' will.

12. Rmx

Rmx

Yes, and it starts in one minute! So everyone get watching.

13. Rmx

Rmx

And of course, the stream is utter shit. I'll watch a recap.

14. Yeah, it's pretty jerky but I don't think I can be bothered to watch it later...

'a relationship with your TV', good Lord, haha!

15. Rmx

Rmx

X-Box One it is.

It looks pretty.

16. They finally made a classy looking console!

17. Xbox One...!

Why is it called that again?

18. Rmx

Rmx

Apparently because you switch it on by saying 'X-Box On'. Very gimmicky. I'm already bored.

19. This is nice and all... but my laptop does this... "Oh it has a TV guide" *audience claps*, seriously.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.