New General Video Game Discussion 2 | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

New General Video Game Discussion 2

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by _hazzie_, May 20, 2013.

1. So does this thing play games or...

2. It has 3 Operating Systems. Whut. This thing is going to be so expensive, no?

3. People cheering for EA? Something's not right.

4. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

A partnership between them and Microsoft? Explains why Nintendo is being blacklisted by them then...

This has been so boring so far, it's basically a Wii, but a lot more powerful. The console does look sleek, but it also looks massive! I don't really care about it having a TV guide, can they get on with the games (and not sports/EA ones).

Also, is anyone else a bit iffy over the use of voice commands? Sure it looks great, but who wants to be sitting in their room alone, talking to their X-Box? "XBox... go home", no thanks.

5. Ugh I'm such a sucker for multimedia and device integration with consoles. Why couldn't you do all of this Sony?

6. To be honest from what we've seen so far it's just what the Xbox already was with a load of new, pretty pointless features. I'm not really bothered by it though. I think the price will be the decider here.

7. Interested what the new franchises are going to be, hopefully not all FPS.

8. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

I'm still laughing, from them making a point of the fan being silent. What was that game that was previewed there? I'm confused/intrigued by it.

9. Oh shit, it makes sense.

10. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Well that was shit. What I picked up was that it's a TV system first and foremost, with a TV guide that seems catered to sports fans. I can't even imagine the price point, I'm honestly thinking like €500... at least.

Right? EA are such a fail, but I guess since Microsoft will make them a lot of dollar, they know which side of their bread is buttered.

11. I don't blame them for focusing on what people want, but it just shows why I won't be buying one. I'm just not a fan of realistic sports/racing or FPS games.

12. I want to say that was boring but they are keeping a lot for E3, so we'll see.

13. Rmx

Rmx

Yeah this is not the console for me. A TV guide? Please, my TV has a digital TV guide, go away. Plus it probably won't even work properly in the Netherlands since that's always the case with such things. I'll stop the hate parade but I'm just disappointed, I hoped they would come up with something surprising after the fairly disappoint PS4 reveal, but it's pretty much the same thing with voice commands.

14. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

I'm still kind of taken back by how big it is...

[​IMG]

Also confirmed as not being backwards compatible.

You have to pay a fee if you want to use a second hand game.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
  15. What I gathered from it all is its a Sky box that plays games. And it's totally geared towards the American market, I can't see those exclusive TV sports things being available in the UK at least, not that many would care.

They are probably saving the games for E3, but they could have shown us a bit more.

16. Ridiculous!. Everything is quite confusing right now.

17. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

I hate it's design. It looks like two separate consoles put together. Plus the disc opening looks really dated or cheap, something's off about it.

[​IMG]

18. [​IMG]

19. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

SCREAMING. I was actually wondering about that, because the audience I saw was typing away on their laptops... The media not wanting to be responsible for applause is very telling.

20. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

The whole thing just screams "smaller, cheaper version released 12 months after launch"...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.