New General Video Game Discussion 2 | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

New General Video Game Discussion 2

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by _hazzie_, May 20, 2013.

1. Heroes was my last, I thought it was a bit of a mess to be honest, some of those levels were a complete nightmare of glitches and messy camera angles, not to mention the 3 characters at once - the pinball level *shudders*

2. Sonic Adventure 2 was great fun. The hours I spent looking for those damn Emerald shards when I was young though haha

Yeah I played Sonic Colors on the Wii and it was really great, I got hooked and played it pretty much non-stop haha. They addressed all of the issues the previous Sonic games were having. Gameplay, music, plot, levels - all top notch. And it's just so pretty <3

Love the trailer:
    [video=youtube;PrmdU6x6Nco]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrmdU6x6Nco[/video]

I rented it along with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and had pretty much the best week ever.

3. I love SA2 to bits, me and my sister would play the multiplayer emerald hunting game for ages. If they made a full emerald hunting game I'd be all over that.

Looks like I'll be buying this.

4. Sonic Adventure 2 will always hold an incredibly special place in my heart. It was probably my favorite video game as a child pre-Kingdom Hearts.

5. 3Xs

3Xs

SA2 is by far my favorite Sonic game, even if it is derided by many "classic" Sonic fans. Chao world alone!!

6. SA2 was the last 3D Sonic game that I really enjoyed.

The franchise has just been such a mess for such a long time.

7. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

I think people are a bit too dramatic with how bad Sonic got. There were a few years where it got really patchy, with games like Unleashed, Black Knight, Secret Rings and Sonic 4 all being completely diabolical. But before them, there was Sonic 1-3, S&K, CD, Adventure 1 & 2, Advance 1-3, the DS games, Heroes and then after them, Colours, Generations, 4-2 and now Lost World (which looks really good).

I mean, before it went to shit, the standard was pretty consistent. It's a wonder it didn't happen earlier to be honest? I think it's safe to say they're out of that rough patch now, thank GOD. It looked bleak for a while...

8. 2D sonic has always been incredible. But the 3D ones are really hit and miss. The worst probably being this one I got for the PC that was just diabolical hahaha:

[​IMG]

I think what they've been trying to do is keep things fresh by introducing loads of gimmicks, when all anyone really wants to do is speed around levels at the speed of light and spin around loops in space.

Confession: I only dared play as Team Rose when I was a kid. Such a wimp haha.

9. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

I was never crazy about Flickies Island, but for it's first ever 3D game and those graphic being on a Mega Drive, it was decent enough.

10. Oh God Sonic 3D is terrible. The worst thing was how painfully slow it all was. What's the point?

Team Rose were always my favourite in Sonic Heroes. Amy Rose was my favourite in everything.

11. I liked Sonic 4. Well, Episode 1 was good at least. It was like old Sonic but HD. Not sure about Episode 2 as I haven't played it.

I quite liked Sonic Rush on the DS, as well.

12. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Sonic 4: Episode 1, was rubbish. It was basically 1 - 3 level wise, there was nothing new and the gameplay was flawed. Sonic was so sluggish and a nightmare to control, it felt like a burden to get him running. Not to mention the physics were a complete pisstake. Not a 20 year old game having better mechanics... like seriously!

[video=youtube;zyzC3Rse5Gg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyzC3Rse5Gg[/video]

(Skip to 50 seconds in.)

13. Has anyone heard about A Hat In Time?

Basically a kickstarter campaign for a new 3D platformer in the style of Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie with Wind Waker style graphics. They already reached their target after a couple of days for the PC version, and they are hoping to get approval for it to be released on Wii U as well.

14. Am I the only one who loved Sonic Battle? It was messy, but good fun.

15. 3Xs

3Xs

Ha, wow, that looks pretty awesome. I also love that both the protagonist and the main villain are both female!

16. Also, WHY HASN'T ANYONE TOLD ME RESIDENT EVIL 1.5 HAS (SORT OF) BEEN RELEASED?!

17. This looks super cute! I hope it gets the go through for the Wii U!

18. I just bought Bioshock 1+2 for my PS3. I didn't know what to expect but it was $5 so why not? I'm really enjoying the first one so far, but i'm at a fetch quest which is really annoying. I didn't think game did those anymore.

19. Even Bioshock Infinite features a fair number of fetch quests, but honestly, they do such a stunning job of dressing it up, you hardly ever realize that all you're doing is going from point A to point B and back.

20. I liked it a lot. It was interesting. I've never played another fighting game like it, although it definitely had its flaws too... Poor, poor Emerl.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.