New Girl | The Popjustice Forum

New Girl

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by pawsmurf, Sep 21, 2011.

1. I just saw the first episode this new Zooey Deschanel comedy. I laughed out loud a lot in the first few minutes alone. I hope this takes off - but I can see Zooey's cookie personality dividing people right down the middle. Even still, you got to love her for her theme tunes alone.

Has this been picked up for the UK/Ireland?

2. It's pretty good! I laughed during the opening bit and then it went through a bit of a dry spell but then everything from the bar onwards was pretty funny and all of the supporting cast are great (I heard Coach leaves after a couple of eps though). It was really sweet as well as just being funny, like a better Happy Endings.

3. I watched this last week (the episode leaked) and I loved it. Zooey was great and the chemistry between the whole cast was great and natural. The show was funny. I loved some lines. But the best thing is character that is played by Zooey.

"sometimes I love to sing to myself" or

"let's put that lord of the rings references in dark cave" ... "but Smigel will find it"

One of my favorite new shows this season (Whitney was a great show too)

4. It's not hilarious in a "laughing out loud"-kind of way, but it's enjoyable, fun and endearing. Very feel good, very post-HIMYM.

Plus, Zooey Deschanel can do no wrong in my book. I'm going to spin She & Him's upcoming Christmas album so much.

5. I really liked it, Zooey is great and it's funny! It's very THIS though.

Damon Wayans is better on Happy Endings so I'm excited to see who the new character will be.

6. It's ok.

Not a very original concept so it could get boring and less-than-mediocre really fast.

7. I believe it's going to be shown on E4.

8. I loved this.

9. Ohhh, I thought I was going to HATE this show for some reason. And yet I was charmed. And that Schmidt is a bit of alright, no?

10. Schmidt is delicious. I've never seen anything with Zooey in beore but I really enjoyed this.

11. I've been really looking foward to this, as I love Zooey. Loved it, can't wait for more. The Lord of the Rings quote and the smiles made me laugh out loud.

12. I liked this a lot more than I expected to. I thought it looked okay from the preview, but I was laughing quite a bit. As previously said, the Lord of the Rings line was brilliant. Also I loved her little theme tunes, she's so randomly kooky and hilarious.

And Schmidt is very nice to look at.

13. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

This was being advertised so much in the US. Giant billboards, posters, constant TV ads. To the point of putting me off.

14. Took me a few hours to remember where I knew Schmidt from... he was on an episode of "Happy Endings" (with won't-be-on-"New Girl"-anymore Damon Wayans Jr.!) as the guy who Max starts dating, but also owns the "evil" chain coffee shop.

15. He was on Ugly Betty too and was Deputy Leo in Veronica Mars.

16. Aww, I loved Leo in Veronica Mars!

17. I loved the show, and was laughing out loud throughout most of the episode. Zooey has been my favorite actress for a long time, and I think this was one of her funniest performances. I hope it lasts.

18. It was a great pilot; I just hope it finds interesting ways to keep the characters interacting with one another in different situations.

19. I knew he looked familiar! What a hunk. I miss Veronica Mars so much :( and Ugly Betty RIP.

20. I thought the pilot was good in a weird way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.