New Girl | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

New Girl

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by pawsmurf, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Just watched the first episode. It's cute and also a bit funny, don't know if that is enough for more episodes though.

2. That's where I know him from! Thank you Lost In Japan!

3. The second episode was OK. The premiere was much much better.

Still it's funny show and you can't and not love Zooey and that character that she plays.

4. duckface

duckface Guest

Loved this. It's like Happy Endings but actually good.

Such a shame Damon is out, I'm interested in seeing how they go about replacing him in the show (DAMMIT FOX.COM, UNLOCK THE EPISODE).

5. I miss Damon so much. His replacement has absolutely nothing to him, he didn't say one funny thing during the whole episode. Infact, he didn't really say anything at all, he was just there.

6. I didn't care for the replacement all that much either, but the episode was pretty good. I need more of the model friend, she's hot and funny.

7. I need more of the model friend, who's played by the lovely Hannah Simone! SwwwwwwooooooonnnI_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY!

8. Why is he already out?

9. duckface

duckface Guest

Apparently he did the pilot thinking that Happy Endings wouldn't be renewed. When it was, they replaced him in episode 2.

10. I don't like his replacement. The actor is so out of place and there is no chemistry between him and the rest of the cast.

I'm glad that this show got full season order from Fox but second and third episode weren't as funny as first one was.

11. I thought the third was the best yet. The whole wedding from start to end was just hilarious. I'm warming to the new guy too.

12. I found the last episode to be kind of annoying - I couldn't help feeling that Zooey/the writers were trying to hard to make Jess awkward and weird. Maybe Zooey Deschanel is an acquired taste.

13. I have to agree. Jess isn't the sweet nerdy girl anymore, now it's the weird annoying girl who is ridiculously good looking/has beautiful dresses.

14. It is a very strange show. I think I prefer 2 Broke Girls.

15. Also I think I fancy Nick more than Schmidt!

16. Nick and Schmidt are both pure totty.

2 Broke Girls is stranger! It's like... completely cringeworthy in every respect (the pervy chef, what the fuck?) and Kat Dennings is so not comfortable or natural and comes off really awkward and forced... and yet it's actually really funny. It shouldn't be but it is. I think that's mostly down to Beth Behrs as Caroline though, she's super fabulous and effortless and lovable.

New Girl is just so different you can hardly compare them. It doesn't feel like it's fresh out of 1992 for one thing and it's happy to get smiles from the audience as much as laughs so it doesn't crow in constant try hard punchlines.

17. duckface

duckface Guest

Yeah, je suis over this show now.

18. Loved the new episode, Jess trying to say penis and her remarks as Nick was leaving for his date where the highlights.

19. Same! That was super funny!

More CeCe please!!!

20. Why is everyone always wearing shoes when they are in the apartment?

And I think Jess is getting more and more annoying. Only the guys are actually funny (although not knowing anything because he used to live in Latvia is just stupid pr is it funny in America to say that living in Europe is like living in a Third World country?)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.