New Lindsay Lohan Album: "Kylie Meets Rihanna"

Lindsay Lohan is seeking inspiration from two major pop stars for her upcoming album, she tells PEOPLE in an exclusive interview. "I want it to be dance," she tells PEOPLE. "I want it to be kind of Kylie Minogue-meets-Rihanna. I hope to tour with it and I hope to really promote it."

Source: people.com

As shit a popstar as she may be at times, with intentions like that I think it's safe to say the album breakdown will probably be:
1 very good pop song (first or second single?)
4 good songs
4 mediocre songs
4 pretty terrible filler tracks :-(

I'm not sure where the Ne-Yo and JR Rotem songs will fall since their output varies so wildly from quite good to fucking awful so it will be interesting to hear the final product.
 
V

vasilios

Who cares? Both her albums and especially the first are amazing faux rocky-pop!
Magnet, Very Last Moment In Time, Over, Speak, Blackhole, If it's alright and so much more are all brilliant! Example: Kelly Clarkson can sing but the above are better than anything My December.
 
Don't forget, "Black Hole" was good enough that Kelly Clarkson's refusal to rerecord it for My December led to, well, the current state of Kelly Clarkson's career after Clive Davis shat all over it.
 
People underestimate La Lohan's europop skills. We must not forget the brilliance that was "To Know Your Name" and "Who Loves You."
 
S

someboy0716

I just don't understand Lindsay Lohan. I really just....don't.
 
For me, she's an actress with one relatively successful film, who's gone off the rails.

For the general populace in the UK, she's tabloid fodder.

A new album? Bovvered....
 
vasilios said:
Who cares? Both her albums and especially the first are amazing faux rocky-pop!
Magnet, Very Last Moment In Time, Over, Speak, Blackhole, If it's alright and so much more are all brilliant! Example: Kelly Clarkson can sing but the above are better than anything My December.

I loved My December! Not as good as Breakaway, but still good :)
Also, for something on topic, I love Lindsay's music so another album would be good, just a shame she's a bit of a twat.
 
swinginglondontown said:
For me, she's an actress with one relatively successful film, who's gone off the rails.

For the general populace in the UK, she's tabloid fodder.

A new album? Bovvered....

Almost nothing she has done since Mean Girls has attained - or deserved - the same level of attention as her tabloid exploits. Her debut album was quite good in places, indeed it's too bad they didn't give the songs to someone who actually has more than a passing interest in being a popstar. Her second was an absolute trainwreck.

'Vocoder meets Autotune' would also have been a perfect title for Blackout. And since we're on the My December discussion again, I still respect Kelly for following her own path rather than becoming another interchangeable producer's puppet. And I still think the behaviour of Clive Davis was shockingly unprofessional, and it beggars belief that everyone seemed to side with him.
 
K

KaMZ

I like Lindsay the actress.

Songs produced for Lindsay the singer should be given to other people.

I think it's funny that some people on here said Hilary's albums were vanity pojects along the lines of "Daddy, I wanna do Electropop" even though she promoted the hell out of them including great live shows and being really enthusiastic about her music.

Totally unlike Lohan, who seems to do it because she thinks it's a fun way of killing time and earning some bucks while doing so. Remember her obsession with "30 Seconds to Mars" and now she's all electro/R&B ?!

shame nobody in Hollywood is gonna give her good roles anymore...
 
i dunno how will that work, she might end up looking ridiculous, and its hard to stand out now with kylie/rihanna songs...
i still think the more rocky edgy songs are for her , mainly, coz those kinda tracks suit her voice.. and for a difference la lohan can actually sing ! (not like hilarious duff...etc. etc.)
 
Well as much and all a wankstain as Linday Lohan is, her two albums have been utterly fantastic, and while I'm sure autotune is a definite ingredient in a Lindsay Lohan album, I still think there are aspects of her voice that are unique and extremely listenable.
 
Cathal said:
Well as much and all a wankstain as Linday Lohan is, her two albums have been utterly fantastic, and while I'm sure autotune is a definite ingredient in a Lindsay Lohan album, I still think there are aspects of her voice that are unique and extremely listenable.

I concur, her voice has a likeable huskiness to it. Some of Kara Dioguardi's best stuff has been with Lohan. It does seem a bit of a waste giving her such good pop material if she doesn't bother taking it seriously.

Speak, To Know your name, Black Hole and Who Loves You are magnificent.
 
Orbit said:
Cathal said:
Well as much and all a wankstain as Linday Lohan is, her two albums have been utterly fantastic, and while I'm sure autotune is a definite ingredient in a Lindsay Lohan album, I still think there are aspects of her voice that are unique and extremely listenable.

I concur, her voice has a likeable huskiness to it. Some of Kara Dioguardi's best stuff has been with Lohan. It does seem a bit of a waste giving her such good pop material if she doesn't bother taking it seriously.

Speak, To Know your name, Black Hole and Who Loves You are magnificent.

I wanted a "Speak" video with her looking exactly as she did on the album cover. And Black Hole is a true gem of a song.
 
I hope right after she gave that quote, she did a threeway call with Kara and Greg and said, "Okay girls...let's get working on this shit." And then called up Scandinavia and said, "Okay, random songwriters...hook me up with 'mad wordz'" (honestly...lists like Carl Bjorsell; Carl Falk; Didrik Thott; Jake Schulze; Kristian Lundin; Savan Kotecha; Sebastian Thott [from "Disconnected"]...do they each just write a single word and voila?)

And the whole "autotune" blablablah....listen to even the most tuned of tracks of hers (my money is on "Speak" or "Rumors") and compare to Heidi whatsherface or Hannah Montana. She's not THAT bad.
 
S

someboy0716

Her voice is honestly irrelevant, I've never understood her desire to be a popstar!
 
Top