New Moderators - The List Revealed | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

New Moderators - The List Revealed

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by Someboy, May 19, 2020.

1. Sam

Sam

Back in the knife box Miss Sharp x

2. Miss #5 can go x

3. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

This is the part we’re not going to do.

I understand everyone has thoughts on the matter, but this thread was not and is not designed for a tribal council. Trust that these issues are going to be dealt with, and getting new moderators was the first step.

Thanks everyone!

4. Sam

Sam

ok but which list

5. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Sam.

stuaw, Sam, londonrain and 1 other person like this.
  6. nn sorry I was kinda joking. Having these new mods is a success already!

7. @matthew. I dare you to ban ha

8. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Wow there’s a recently resolved reports section and a closed reports log. How useful that would’ve been every time we asked which mod edited a post.

9. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

That log is dependent on somebody completing it though, eg if I cleaned up on aisle 5 but didn’t resolve the report then nobody knows it was me - as far as I know!

myblood, nikkysan, evilsin and 8 others like this.
  10. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Yeah, let's try to start things off with a fair approach. I don't think anyone has been willfully misled here.

myblood, nikkysan, evilsin and 6 others like this.
  11. Oh no! People actually turn into unignored when they become moderator??

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2020
    Jwentz, Mikl C, Sinful and 23 others like this.
  12. I appreciate the transparency from the new mods right off the bat!

myblood, Mr.Arroz, kal and 6 others like this.
  13. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I don't even know how to find the resolved reports - is this possible? At the moment if someone asks me who resolved a report I have no way of finding out the answer (which is bizarre given that the report I posted a screenshot of earlier was also marked resolved but was at least visible to me for a little while before vanishing).

14. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Yes! If you click Reports at the top and then there's a blue Closed Reports button in the top right of the screen when it takes you to the Reports page.

londonrain likes this.
  15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Thanks!

The number of hidden links in this interface...

16. Oop I totally missed this but when I noticed members with the new title I had to investigate!

Loving the diversity on the list and i'm just happy I have new mods to annoy now, other than the lovely @2014, when I need thread titles updated.

17. I didn't want to create a whole new thread but maybe I should - is there a way of a touch more transparency as to who has dealt with a report? I remember I had some issues last year where I was being threatened with a permanent ban or not having any information to go off on when a post of mine was deleted. I've just submitted a quick report to stop a conversation going south which was dealt with amazingly and I got the information I wanted in the notifications bar but I have no idea who did it. Is there a way that if a message needs to go to a user that the moderator dealing with it can identify themselves in some way? Like "We've resolved this issue - [mod username]"? I think I'm just nosy really but I just feel like maybe it'd be best practice in case we need to refer back to a specific situation?

18. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Annoyingly there doesn't seem to be a way for the forum software to do this itself (which it really should!) but we're trying to make sure that as a matter of good practice we do PM people when they report posts so that they know who's dealing with it and how it's being dealt with.

Island, Lila and JMRGBY like this.
  19. Even if it can just come up when we get the notification about it, it would be a big help.

londonrain likes this.
  20. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

One thing we’re actively working on is ensuring that people know what’s happening with their reports. The turnaround time is a matter of minutes for most reports, given how many of us tend to be online through the day, and we’re all trying to ensure that there’s a proper paper trail so that any moderator can find out what’s happened with a specific report.

If you’ve reported something and don’t know what happened I’m very happy for you to PM me and ask. I should be able to find out for you.

sesita, 2014, berserkboi and 9 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.