New Moderators - The List Revealed | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

New Moderators - The List Revealed

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by Someboy, May 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. More active than some mods!

2014, Mr.Arroz, Sam and 8 others like this.
  2. constantino, Rem, fancygreen and 12 others like this.
  3. Some of these nominations! I’m ready for some DNC-esque corrupt shenanigans.

4. Mh I'd say

@ohnostalgia
    @londonrain
    @OspreyQueen

especially for all those topics where nuance and knowledge are needed with complex topics - mental health, LGBTQ+ community, cultural appropriation and representation etc.

@Andy French for the pop threads which are always on the verge of implosion

I admit I don't know how things are going in the K-pop subforums but I'm sure there's somebody who will perfectly fit for those too.

The team of mods that generally oversees the worst Comeback Corner threads... needs to go*. There are still misogynists, racists, brexiters and Trump supporters left unchecked there and it's pretty uncomfortable sometimes. The friend of Peter who riles up the members for fun needs to go. The mod who "separates the music from the artist" and gets offended by "sis" needs to go.

*With "go" I mean "take their powers away", then we'll see how long they last without them.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Me actually tallying up everyone's votes

[​IMG]

Thank you for all the votes, some pretty perfect suggestions.

evilsin, Sanctuary, Sam and 28 others like this.
  6. I'm not nomming anyone specifically for this job because it's equivalent of cleaning feces off the walls, but I do feel like Qwmbach Corner needs a dedicated mod at this point. I don't visit often but mainly because it's unbearable to read and most threads end up looking like a Facebook group with people using acronyms and barely-punctuated posts – stuff that's frowned on elsewhere across the site. And that's aside from the high-key misogyny, choice political opinions, general white nonsense, etc.

It just needs one specific mod to keep the whole thing in line because when regulars there drift into one of the main forums there's an extreme disconnect that often gets really ugly.

slaybellz, acl, AshleyKerwin and 26 others like this.
  7. @Dennis and me in our Ex-Mod support group
    [​IMG]

stuaw, Rem, Remorque and 13 others like this.
  8. Not me waking up to all this. Aww, shucks.

If I had to vote for anyone that would be a fair moderator who wouldn’t allow insensitive foolery on the forum, @Andy French, @OspreyQueen, and @ohnostalgia come to mind immediately.

9. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

superultra
    Andy French
    beyoncesweave
    fancygreen

are the first names that come to mind.

constantino, Rem, fancygreen and 9 others like this.
  10. Lila

Lila Staff Member

Sam, constantino, Rem and 20 others like this.
  11. Yet gifs and "dddd" is too much for them to handle.

12. Island

Island Staff Member

I’d be willing to throw my hat in the ring for Comeback Corner mod.

13. I want to add the lack of female representation in the moderation has been frustrating so I think having female mods is absolutely necessary.

In addition to my other choices who I feel would be nuanced and objective to deal with the overall messiness of the forum but @Island would be a absolutely fantastic mod for comeback corner I can’t think of anyone more suitable.

I do think this forum needs to be more in line with the rest of internet in 2020 but that’s a whole another topic of conversation.

slaybellz, constantino, Rem and 21 others like this.
  14. Beside female representation, is there any POC members (specifically Black) in here that can do the mod job well ? I don't really know anyone's background here sorry.

15. I’d like to see some of the part time staff members get bumped up to full mod status. Ones that will be impartial and not cause drama.

@Tribal Spaceman is a great choice.

Sprockrooster and V3RYP05H like this.
  16. But the rest of the internet is a dumpster fire???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.