New Moderators - The List Revealed | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

New Moderators - The List Revealed

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by Someboy, May 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I much prefer talking about my favourite music, games, TV shows and movies on Popjustice than I do on social media, that's for sure.

KingBruno, Rem, diamondliam and 7 others like this.
  2. We really need someone who will edit gifs out of spoiler tags again if one of the current mods has messed with them.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  3. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Agreed. And on that point I think this would be a good mix of female mods, should they want to take it on:

@Empty Shoebox
    @OspreyQueen
    @Phonetics Boy
    @Lila
    @ohnostalgia

Who are the mods who aren’t white men? I genuinely don’t know.

slaybellz, Sam, constantino and 24 others like this.
  4. To generalise the whole internet as messy is not it and completely missing my point but I feel certain parts of the forum and some rules just needs rejuvenating but it’s another topic of conversation that could be had another time in a more suitable place.

Sprockrooster and V3RYP05H like this.
  5. Since I was tagged here, let me throw my vote to @superultra, @londonrain, @ohnostalgia and @beyoncésweave, and @Island for the comeback corner. I'll never use the main forums again for the sake of my health, but they sure deserve more competent people overseeing them, should they feel up to the task.

constantino, Rem, fancygreen and 13 others like this.
  6. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

To my knowledge, @beyoncésweave and I are the only POCs who have been tagged in this thread so far (I second the nomination for @beyoncésweave and obviously am very honoured by all of you who tagged me).

@K94 springs to mind as someone who would fit the bill well.

KingBruno, constantino, Rem and 14 others like this.
  7. Me reading the thread and not getting a single nomination...

[​IMG]

8. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Dddd in all seriousness I was going to nominate you and @WowWowWowWow but I was kind of distracted by the POC/female discussion.

9. People are just not ready for a reign of terror where membership is granted on how well you know Samantha Tamania Anne Cecilia Mumba's lyrics.

acl, Outta This World, Sam and 20 others like this.
  10. Haha well thank you, but you're absolutely right, getting more representation than white men is far more important.

Anyone without the full lyrics to Gotta Tell You tattooed on their body will be perma-banned.

stuaw, Rem, nikkysan and 12 others like this.
  11. RJF

RJF

I work far better as a forum heel and I've accepted my role. I would have no fun as a moderator. Why clean the mess when you can make the mess?

12. If only I’d spent my years not being a prat in every part of the forum other than Tv+Film...
    Well I would enjoy one or more of @londonrain @OspreyQueen @ohnostalgia and @Island would be wonderful for the Comeback Crematorium.
    Also I’ll throw some bubbly in the fridge for @Robsolete

Remorque, ohnostalgia, Island and 5 others like this.
  13. I’m a bi black woman, so I definitely have the potential to handle controversies regarding identity and intersectionality.

14. I think
    @beyoncésweave
    @londonrain
    @superultra
    @OspreyQueen
    are excellent choices and provide some much needed gender and/or racial diversity (as well as queer representation beyond the "G").

I also think the new moderators should be people who are pretty active in P&J...

@Island would be great for the comeback corner, as well as @ohnostalgia for the charts and rates subforum.

evilsin, constantino, 1991 and 22 others like this.
  15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Well, in that case, the forum has never needed you more and I fully support you being a mod xx

16. A discussion hub on the internet not being a cess pit of performative outrage is pretty miraculous in 2020 I would say. When people on here disagree about things it's because they actually care about them, not because they're looking for a gotcha moment or trying to score points for their team.

I actually don't know how many mods there are on here but hopefully any new ones will be appreciative of nuance.

Maybe we can whittle down a shortlist and get them to lip sync for their lives.

bakerboy92 likes this.
  17. Popjustice

Popjustice Staff Member

I've deleted a few posts that don't really meet the no-drama of one of Somebody's initial groundrules. Do keep suggestions coming though!

londonrain, 2014 and Tribal Spaceman like this.
  18. It’s extremely flattering to have been nominated by so many of you, but unfortunately I’m not sure I’d be up to the job. I will, however, throw my support behind the following:

@beyoncésweave
    @superultra
    @Laura Vanderbooben
    @Island for Comeback Corner (because we need at least one person there to clean it up a bit)
    @londonrain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.