New Moderators - The List Revealed | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

New Moderators - The List Revealed

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by Someboy, May 19, 2020.

1. RJF

RJF

This wasn’t what happened. That thread had completely spiralled out into a shit posting, mile a minute nightmare with some people posting multiple times on one page several times with diminishing returns and... they got told to knock it off. Yes, by me, although definitely not unkindly. I had and continue to have no issues with @VivaForever as a poster outside of that one incident. We all take it too far sometimes to the point of needing to be told when enough's enough. Hell, it happened to me at the top of this very page and has happened multiple times in the past too. These are the risks you run if you're going to behave like that.

I'm also not sure what makes people having an issue with said behaviour get written off as just doing it "for likes" but @VivaForever spamming the same GIF to the point of tedium is harmless and having fun and not at all being accused of the same. I even said this the day it happened; not everyone's idea of fun is the same. Perspective is such a funny thing.

ohaimanabu and Mirwais Ahmadzaï like this.
  2. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Yeah I feel pretty much the same. I'd have to give it some proper thought if I do even get enough votes.

3. The power to ban feels very

[​IMG]

preciousss

4. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Back to nominations, please.

Considering the response we've had in the past 24 hours, I don't expect needing to keep this process open for three weeks, meaning we could probably move to the next step sooner than later. But I want to give everyone, especially people who don't check the forum every day, a chance to contribute.

Island, constantino, 2014 and 17 others like this.
  5. Pin this to the top. This is what we need in a moderator.

6. Island, 2014, beyoncésweave and 7 others like this.
  7. [​IMG]
    I'm flattered you thought of me but the idea of taking on any responsibilities outside of my actual job right now makes me want to drive into a lake.

I second everyone nominating @superultra though as I think they would add a perspective that is currently lacking in the mod-pool and are not afraid to call out bullshit in a stern yet eloquent manner when it needs to be done.

8. @superultra is charisma uniqueness nerve and talent all day, gets the tone of the forum, is thoughtful and eloquent and hilarious about the major hot button topics that need to be moderated on this forum and brings the lived-in perspective.

Ugly Beauty, Push, Remorque and 29 others like this.
  9. I definitely think a mod needs to be able to both dish it and take it.

Phloo, Laurence, ohaimanabu and 5 others like this.
  10. Oh wow, thank you! Seeing my username in that Beyoncésweave post felt like winning an Oscar. But I truly could not commit to this!

I would nominate:
    @londonrain @ohnostalgia @superultra @Island & @OspreyQueen

11. Good luck finding someone vers on this forum, sis.
    [​IMG]

12. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

I'm nominating @BEST FICTION, @OspreyQueen, @superultra, @ohnostalgia and @Island.

I'm super flattered with all the nominations I'm getting, not gonna lie. I'm also super nervous about the whole thing ddddd. I haven't really made up my mind about the possibility of me becoming a mod. It looks cute on paper but I still have a lot of qualms and questions about it. I'll give it a lot of thought. ♡

13. Wait. You would be a really good mod as well actually...

johnny_tsunami and Babyface like this.
  14. @Someboy can I be a mod so I can ban everyone for not nominating me? I think that’s fair x

FridayNight likes this.
  15. I had a meh day today, so reading everyone's positive takes on me has been a lovely self-esteem builder. I'm grateful to be among a forum of supportive people who share a similar love for all things pop and, more importantly, a similar understanding of core values.

KingBruno, Gabeee9292, Push and 33 others like this.
  16. I think @londonrain & @superultra would be fantastic moderators, same with @Island, if they wanted to.

I just hope that everyone voted for actually wants this role - like others have said, I would hate for it to tamper with their enjoyment & contribution here. I don't want @Andy French to be a mod for selfish reasons. Dddd.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  17. Last edited: May 20, 2020
  18. @superultra
    @Andy French
    @BEST FICTION
    @OspreyQueen
    @Lila

Much obliged to the couple of votes thrown my way, but I've been operating best this past year as an outer-planet.

OK, but what if I was going to write you in five times?

19. While I do understand this sis, have you tried to think why @ohnostalgia has this problem with P&J?

It hasn’t always been the most welcoming environment for many of the female posters.

If there’s anyone I’d trust to not go power hungry and live out ha vendetta fantasy using mod powers it’s @ohnostalgia.

20. I know this is offtopic but this idea has been brought up before (I think by @Sanctuary) and I keep thinking about it every time I open this pink hellscape.

Can we PLEASE finally repurpose X Factor into a Artist General Discussion subforum?

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.