New mods | The Popjustice Forum

New mods

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by Rhombus, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Hi

I’ve made a couple posts about new mods operating outside of their approved sub forums.

One got deleted and one got straight-up ignored.

Can the mod team please make sure their fellow mods stick to moderating the approved sub forums? Thanks

Serg. likes this.
  2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

With respect, some reports are received and dealt with at different times of the day when different moderators are online. To enable things are dealt with quickly and efficiently, sometimes moderators will deal with something from a sub-forum they usually don't generally deal with in order for the report to be resolved and not left hanging. While yes some moderators have been designated particular sub-forums, we all play a part in dealing with reports and trying to be fair as possible across the forum at the end of the day. We will work to constantly increase our transparency, and sorry for the late reply.

3. What’s the point of appointing mods for certain sub forums if those rules go out of the window due to lack of capacity? This measure was specifically introduced because many members of the forum raised concerns about the ability of certain members to moderate with neutrality.

Serg. likes this.
  4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

It's only occurred on certain occasions, and we have conversations amongst each other to decide the best way to deal with things and then a mod will go ahead and deal with it how we've all seen fit. Again it depends who is online though! We've had some general mods unable to give as much time as they usually would because of personal reasons, so other mods have been temporarily stepping in to help with certain issues.

I think an occasion you may be referring to (correct me if I'm wrong) is in Potential Next Big Things and the Unperfect thread move - I made the move to comeback corner, then Potential, we then discussed it as moderators and due to the reaction in the thread and noting the participation in the thread, we felt it was best to move it back to Pop & Justice and it was moved by a separate mod, who it had been agreed between us would simply move certain threads from Potential to the main forum in order to give threads about newer artists more traction, as the potential next big things sub-forum is still a work in progress (the thread for it is here actually). If there's been other notable examples then let us know and we'll see how we can do better in the future.

5. Ok thank you for responding I will keep an eye out x

2014 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.