New Music Friday finds (playlist link on first page) | Page 127 | The Popjustice Forum

New Music Friday finds (playlist link on first page)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Feb 9, 2018.

1. I had Dagny queued and for at least the first minute of this i thought it was that ddd

Loop's biggest banger in a while.

2. Updated and refreshed!

michaelhird and AlmostMidnight like this.
  3. Brand new from Moyka. Its 3 out of 3 for me, everything she has released has been absolutely stellar.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    SockMonkey, backstreetjoe and Mikal like this.
  4. Was just about to add this. I adore her.

5. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

6. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

backstreetjoe likes this.
  7. What a lovely summery bop, album Heatwave due in August, band called Michelle.

Bio sounds promising (just heard the song randomly on BBC Radio 6, I really should listen to the radio more!)

Meet MICHELLE: a fresh musical collective hailing from New York City. Weaving in and out of R&B, Pop, Jazz and Indie sounds, the group of six pays homage to these genres through 70s inspired basslines, driving drum beats, plush synths and enticing vocals. Having recently celebrated their first year on the scene as an ensemble, MICHELLE is already solidifying itself as a strong current in a new wave of emerging NYC staples. MICHELLE’s unique stylings are the result of fine-tuned production and arrangements by Julian Kaufman and Charlie Kilgore, with singers Jamee Lockard, Layla Ku, Sofia D’Angelo, and Emma Lee churning out illustrative lyrics and powerful harmonics. MICHELLE is refreshingly predominated by queer & POC members, showcasing a transformative era of the modern music scene. Written and recorded in Kaufman’s bedroom over the span of two weeks, their debut album “HEATWAVE” captures a compilation of sentimental moments – snapshots of youth through a New York summer, all immediately recognizable to those who’ve lived them (and those that have wished to).

Edit:

Let’s Eat Grandma Rework

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Vasilios and Crisp X like this.
  8. All added!

backstreetjoe likes this.
  9. @Vasilios can you add this one? Thanks Vas.

Vasilios likes this.

10. Yes THAT 'Waterfalls'.

Mikal likes this.
  12. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

What new songs y'all better dance to this shit from last week:

Big anthemic pop-rock from my current faves.

Bassy electro-R&B.

Glittery funk-pop which seems to contain the line "ice on my neck, that's a cummie". Take that how you will.

PC Music shitpost-pop from my other current faves.

Dorian's got a short and sweet new song out.

Vasilios likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.