New Music Friday finds (playlist link on first page) | Page 81 | The Popjustice Forum

New Music Friday finds (playlist link on first page)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Feb 9, 2018.

1. This is so incredible. A true ‘Can’t Get You Out of My Head’ successor.

2. OMG. Listened to it this morning and I’m hooked straight away. It just kepts getting better.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Lost Boy likes this.
  3. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Administrator

4. This is my favourite song from this week besides Insomnia. I love Wastefellow's production style, though I'll admit it's probably a bit of an acquired taste for PJ.

Lost Boy likes this.
  6. I never really got around to posting my NMF highlights this week, apart from Daya.

Honestly the Daya song is astounding, it’s ‘Can’t Get You Out of My Head’ part two. Wearing its influences right on its sleeve, just a bop all the way through.

Charlotte OC deserves every stream you can give her for that voice alone. She manages to pack so much emotion into every line, but her real secret strength are these really subtle melodies that just creep up like vines and don’t let you go. ‘Boyfriend’ is very Leon, very smooth listening but with a bit of bite.

Ria Mae has popped up every now and then with a slightly different sound each time, it kind of comes across as her trying to find the hit that will break her. ‘Not Your Type’ is kind of another one of those trend chasing releases but it’s incredible, the soft Carly Rae esque production with her voice just works really well. It’s basically a really good Betty Who song.

Am I pissed that Call Me Loop hasn’t broke through yet? Thoroughly. She’s dropped a new EP that doesn’t contain the phenomenal ‘Give N Take’ but it does present a really crisp and cohesive pop star that knows her sound really well. ‘Association’ is the best of the lot, stripping back huge production for a simple but brilliant melody and a gorgeously suited vocal.

7. SockMonkey and 4Roses like this.
  8. Out tomorrow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.