New Music Friday finds (playlist link on first page) | Page 93 | The Popjustice Forum

New Music Friday finds (playlist link on first page)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Feb 9, 2018.

1. A twinge of Kali Uchis with this one

Euphoric pop with a good old chainsaw synth

Cute basic bop

2. Jessie Ware vibes

Chill summer bop

3. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Administrator

Who’s the doofus adding 18 year old Kelis tracks to the playlist? As well as numerous other decades old tracks?

4. A real BOP.

sesita and 4Roses like this.

5. I don't know who added this but I... kind of love it? I earmarked it because I wanted to check if it couldn't be Kara from K.I.D doing something new (@Andy French), which it wasn't, it's some girl from The Voice (which I've never watched so if she was some kind embarrassing I'm about to find out real soon I guess) but she's also serving a pretty spot on impression of Natalia Verbacini Sinclair whatever. And subsequently a Googoo Germanotta one too, she's got the inflections and that semi-rasp down pat.
    And that was me, Wanderland wasn't available on streaming services before yesterday for quite a few people. [​IMG]
    Don't know about "numerous" other tracks but it's the same story with the one just below those, Square dropped the entire Final Fantasy soundtrack catalogue on Spotify last night (except X-2, which is homophobic, quite frankly).

6. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Administrator

I get the logic, but the playlist is for brand new music just released, not two decade old things that have just appeared on streaming services...

But thanks for alerting me to the Ellen Alien album, it’s fantastic!

7. I was introduced to this band through this thread with the phenomenal World Below. This is a great comeback.

8. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Administrator

IT'S BASIC FRIDAY

9. So my boo (if i was ever that lucky) just released his second E.P and it bops

Miss thang is back with another corker

Her voice OWNS this song - pure BETSY meets Florence. @Island @Vasilios @NecessaryVoodoo

Chill r&b jam

And to finish off, a basic bop

10. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Administrator

(Grrrrl, that album title...)

michaelhird likes this.
  11. This week is so MEH apart from MUNA.

michaelhird likes this.
  12. Best artist to come from Argentina in a very long time

This is lush.

sesita likes this.
  13. I adore her.

BrokenHearts likes this.
  14. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Administrator

(80s goodness)

(Indie goes trance)

(Echo-y uplifting gloompop)

(Narcoleptically sung 8 bit buzzy pop)

(Bit long at 7 minutes, but it's really good {there are vocals, not in the clip!}, very Stockholm Noir)

15. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Administrator

(Weirdo chainsaw pop)

(Flat-packed IKEA piano house pop)

(Lo-fi fluffy pop which kicks off with synthy stabs)

(Above-par Drag Race alumn knock-off)

(ElectroLana)

Conan likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.