Nick Jonas (Self-titled Album) | The Popjustice Forum

Nick Jonas (Self-titled Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by D.Jay, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

So here's another singer to jump off the Disney bandwagon. Nick Jonas, former Jonas Brothers member, is now re-launching his solo career on Island Def Jam. He has debuted his first single 'Chains' from his upcoming second album, and it sounds pretty promising. It seems he has taken a more minimalist pop approach, similar to the likes of The Weeknd and Boots. The track was written by Jason Evigan, Ammar Malik, Daniel Parker.

Listen: https://soundcloud.com/islandrecords/nick-jonas-chains/s-f2cWV
    Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8UX2bbCHJw

Additionally he has announced his Self-titled album due for release in the US on November 11th 2014 as well as new feel-good single 'Jealous' (Nick Jonas, John Feldman, Nolan Lambroza, Simon Wilcox) :

Listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQw2qIl838Q

Preview of new track 'Avalanche (feat. Demi Lovato)'

Listen: http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/nick-jonas-nick-jonas-avalanche-preview/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
  2. Re: Nick Jonas ('Chains' Single + Second Album)

I really like the song and the video. It's a nice direction for him, and way more interesting than whatever he was trying to do with The Administration.

3. Re: Nick Jonas ('Chains' Single + Second Album)

This has unexpectedly become one of my favourite songs at the moment. It's just spectacular. The production is fantastic, and it's already head and shoulders over his other solo material.

4. Re: Nick Jonas ('Chains' Single + Second Album)

The first single with The Administration was nice.

5. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Re: Nick Jonas ('Chains' Single + Second Album)

Can we try to write in complete sentences, please?

6. Re: Nick Jonas ('Chains' Single + Second Album)

The song is very catchy, and I adore the breakdown after the "tryin' to break the chains, but the chains only bring me" bit. But the video is a tad dreary and disappointing. With such a strong beat, I kind of hoped for a little bit of dancing!

7. Re: Nick Jonas ('Chains' Single + Second Album)

Who isn't?

8. Re: Nick Jonas ('Chains' Single + Second Album)

I see subjects and predicates here. Was a post deleted?

9. Re: Nick Jonas ('Chains' Single + Second Album)

Did you mean me, or...?

10. Re: Nick Jonas ('Chains' Single + Second Album)

That's really good, I'm surprised.

11. BML

BML

I'm guessing you haven't seen his attempt at dancing in the 'Pom Poms' video. He's saved himself any further embarrassment.

This song is nice enough. Definitely not what I'd expect from him. I think Joe would've pulled it off a bit better though.

12. Re: Nick Jonas ('Chains' Single + Second Album)

Ha! I just watched it this second. That was my first Jonas Brothers song experience actually. I............didn't hate it. But the dancing. Bless his little socks.

13. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Sorry, I deleted the posts I was referring to, so now my request seems unfounded. Khia, it wasn't directed at you.

14. Re: Nick Jonas ('Chains' Single + Second Album)

That's great. Super feel good and quite an interesting angle lyrically that you don't usually hear from a male popstar.

15. Re: Nick Jonas ('Chains' Single + Second Album)

Please have the entire album be of the quality of these two singles. They are phenomenal.

16. Re: Nick Jonas ('Chains' Single + Second Album)

i love Chain always! the official single is ok..Chain is better
    i know he's album would good! I'm sure

17. Re: Nick Jonas ('Chains' Single + Second Album)

Jealous is phenomenal. Up with the best of the year so far for me.

18. Re: Nick Jonas ('Chains' Single + Second Album)

Wow, this is really good. I'm completely surprised by this direction from him.

19. Re: Nick Jonas ('Chains' Single + Second Album)

Could Nick Jonas be the next Big Pop Boy? Usher and Justin are getting a little long in the tooth and I couldn't give less of a shit about Bruno Mars if I tried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.