Nick Kamen | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Nick Kamen

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by WarZard, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Hey I just took another listen in particular to the rare and unreleased material and to my ears I couldn't hear any vinyl rips....in fact most of it sounds pretty amazing and in the booklet does mention the additional material included had been found in the Warner vault.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  2. It’s being reported that Nick Kamen has died. Can’t find any details but Boy George posted on IG.

3. Just heard! 59 is no age to go. We knew he had been ill for a while and I did suspect it was terminal.

idratherjack and Hairycub1969 like this.
  4. This news makes me very sad. He had been very ill it seems for some time but yes in this day and age 59 is young. What a beautiful man he was.

5. I've just heard about this from a friend, such sad news, RIP Nick.

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  6. Sad news.

Banger:

nlgbbbblth, lob0to, sjoe71 and 7 others like this.
  7. I feared the worst when I saw this thread bumped with new posts.

Poor guy.

idratherjack and Hairycub1969 like this.
  8. RIP Nick Kamen - my personal fave:

9. Do we know if Madonna has made a statement yet?

MixmasterRemix likes this.
  10. Ah that’s sad. He had some bops.

11. I feared the worst too when I saw this thread had been bumped. I've been really enjoying his albums boxset and feel Nick was such an underrated popstar.

All some of my all time favourite songs, the latter being a great new discovery. RIP Nick.

12. He definitely deserved much more success in the UK and I love how he developed his sound over the space of the 4 albums. A great pop injustice! #RIPNICK

13. I'm glad I got the boxset. It'll be a bittersweet listen though, when I do get around to playing it.

14. So sad to hear about this. I got the boxset last year and was really pleasantly surprised by the Us and (especially) Move Until We Fly albums. He really delivered some brilliant songs in his career.

15. Very sad news, and at such a young age.

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  16. Yes she posted on Instagram.

17. I'm so sad

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  18. What was he ill with. I hadn't heard that before?

19. Bone Marrow cancer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.