Nicki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Nicki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jareth, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

While I kinda like Nicki French & think she's a decent enough singer & this new version/remix  of "Total Eclipse" is ok. The video is quite frankly shite.

It probably wouldn't have been so bad, if she was just standing singing infront of the "graphics", not her fault I guess they have no budget, but the dance, oh my the dance! She did not need to participate in that.

2. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

She should leave granny pop to Madonna.

3. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

The thing is, and I'm in no way saying that the either the track or the video are in any way artful or worth of acclaim of any nature, but even if you've had the shittiest of all days, watching that festering pile of faeces is bound to make you feel better, even if it is to think, "At least I'm not Icky French" (sic).

4. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

I've just remembered what it reminded me of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97EfZ6SkpfE

Make sure you watch it at least up until the dancing starts to see the similarities.

5. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Let's get physical, physical... I wanna get physical! Let's get into physical!
    Can you imagine HER singin' THOSE lines? Kill me... Kill me...

6. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

The problem with this is it'll give hope to people like Lisa Scott-lee who'll return in a couple of years with 'Lately 2008 Remix' and video made for 57p, a bottle of babycham & her bus fare home....

7. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

That's what I thought too.

Is that woman able to think of an own song in any way?
    I mean covering a cover of a cover is bad enough but coming up with another cover... how sad is that?

And no, nobody wants to get physical with Nicki, not even dead people...

8. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

I don't really understand the anger around here.

I'm not threatened by artists who promote remixes of their older hits. I also really like dance music. I even like the cheap kind (often it is the most brilliant). I am not opposed to cover songs. I frankly don't give a shit if an artist writes their own music. And I don't mind if artists are overweight, old or women (I thought all that crap was buried with Black Box).

And it would not be gay pride weekend here in America without some new Nikki French and Loleatta Holloway mixes. This Saturday night is going to be amazing. Crap videos and all!

Next thing you know, people will be moaning about artists who mime or act interesting just to promote their singles.

9. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

Yeah, agreed, Mark. Okay, the point was made on both sides: you all had a laugh at the video, and the Nicki French fans stood up for her. We get it.

But, really, it's all just fun pop music, Nicki French included. There's no need to be ugly about it. Isn't that why we're all here, because we have positive attitudes about pop?

Christ, save the slating for stuff that deserves it, like Pete Doherty.

10. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

Count me in on that one Mister... let's unite and fight the real pernicious evil! At the end of the day, a Nicki French remix and a bottle of poppers sounds like a perfect Friday night to me!

11. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

WOW she is off on one!!!

12. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

Dannii and Girls Aloud have had more hits in the last two years than Nicki has had in the last 10, one hit give it up!!!

13. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

Is that a member of Nicki's family ranting on???? the video is the funniest thing i've ever seen!!!!!! She needs an eye lift - the woman has fucking bunions on them

14. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

nicki

15. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

Leave Dannii out of this, I am sure Dannii would rather neve have a hit again than release a video like Nicki's!!!

16. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

How on Earth will she be able to actually perform in the video?  Someone her age should be taking it easy not overexerting themselves in a video for a song like Physical.

17. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

OMG upper eyelift!!!!!

18. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

That video is so utterly shite!  Nicki looks crosseyed and looks like her replacement hip is about to fall out - or is she dancing?

That video could scare the shit out of Freddy Krueger.

EDIT: Let it be known that I only found out who Nicki French was this morning. I had never heard of her so this is my first taste of her music.

19. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

How do you like it, how do you like? Do you want MORE, MORE, MORE?

20. Re: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart 2006 video

Nicki has had 2 top 40 hits....
    1 in 95 (total eclipse of the heart)
    and she did eurovision in 2000.....with.....wait for it.....
    DONT PLAY THAT SONG AGAIN.....she wore lipgloss at the event, the mic smeared it across her face mid-performance. It looked like she had shoved a kebab down her gob. she scored the least amount of points ever for the UK at that point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.